Lost one of the birds last night..

petchickenlover

Songster
11 Years
Sep 9, 2008
I didn't get home before dark last night, and we usually lock up our birds do to raccoons always getting them.
sad.png
the stupid thing got one of our new Orpingtons. It looks like he got it right before we got home & we interrupted his meal.
hit.gif
stupid 'coons.

sorry for your loss, But that would make me mad. I would set live traps. Everyday this past month we caught a skunk. Counted and we got rid of 25 skunks living under our storage shed and we didn't know it. Live traps don't hurt things you want to turn loose or accidently got in trap.

Wayne&Kim1963 :

sorry for your loss, But that would make me mad. I would set live traps. Everyday this past month we caught a skunk. Counted and we got rid of 25 skunks living under our storage shed and we didn't know it. Live traps don't hurt things you want to turn loose or accidently got in trap.

We've been talking about getting a live trap. Probably should go pick one up today if i get the chance.​

Hi, I am just a "new egg", but I do pet sit for two large flocks and one of them lives adjacent to a large park system, full of coyotes and the like. They have put up inexpensive solar boxes with flashing red lights that come on after dark when night predators come close to the hen house. They say they have been working, at least better than trying to get home every night before dark. Haven't lost a chicken since putting them in. - Dee

Quote:
Well. for starters it left some prints. he also tore the bird apart like raccoons do, they always seem to leave a big mess...

We lost two, two nights in a row this last week to a racoon. We did not think it was a racoon as my husband has lived here for 30 years and never seen one up here. He got really concerned after the second one in a different coop....dug in at the only spot that anything could dig in....and he set the trap. We caught a coon and were very surprised. That was his last meal.

Back
Top Bottom