Lost our hen

ALLEY09

Hatching
Nov 3, 2015
Our Hybrid Hen (6yr Old) was taking a mud bath in our yard, we always keep an eye on her as does our Dogs. Today, mid-day I took out some scraps which she loved and a few minutes later i heard her making a noise, she was always been really noisy and loud. I went out straight away, like within seconds to see her and she was gone.

There was no way out of the yard, there was no where to hide maybe a bush but she isn't there.

Now, we know of a fox, I've seen it around it's a real dirty looking thing. We are sure it took her, but there is no feathers, she didn't make any sounds if she was taken into the trees surrounding our house, we live in a remote area - She was such a noisy bird she would of made some noise, i'm sure of it - i didn't think a fox would take a whole chicken i thought they would just rip it apart??

It's such a shame, so frustrated, she was a real family pet. Very friendly came up for cuddles and love the kids, we are all devastated, the dogs didn't even see anything as they would of barked or chased it, they are very protective of our house and the Chicken. I just hope she didn't suffer, i cant bare the thought of her being in pain and killed the way we think she was. I have left her house open but so far, she hasn't returned if she was alive.

Awwwwww...so sorry. Sounds like the fox maybe grabbed her. Extra sad when we lose a sweet pet.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom