lost peacock

Congratulations!
wee.gif
What a relief to have the boy home again, I know from personal experience!
Don't worry, he will soon forget the whole incident and be back to his old friendly self!

Thank you
smile.png
We have great neighbors.
Quote:

The lost is found.
big_smile.png
Neighbor (who we don't know) stopped by the house to tell us they were able to trap him in their chicken coop.
smile.png
He showed up at their house two days ago. They live way down the road from us....a mile at least. They said they were able to feed him from their hands, and lure him into the coop, lol. Another neighbor (who we both know) told him whos bird he was.
smile.png
Weird, because the direction they live in is the direction that Sapphire (Phoenix's bro) kept staring, when he was looking across the fields. Could he possibly hear him that far away? He was staring with such concentration, last night and this morning, that I knew he must know something I didn't.....

Anyway, I think we better confine Phoenix for a week or so should we?
So happy for you! And I do think it's possible that he heard his brother.

-Kathy

So happy for you! And I do think it's possible that he heard his brother.

-Kathy
That's amazing if true.
big_smile.png
Think we are going to let him out in the barn in the evening on Thursday, he will be closed in with the flock all night, and in the morning til we come to let them out. I am figuring that will finish up him re-socializing with the flock, and I'm afraid he'll get depressed if I keep him penned up longer than that. He seems fine, he's been looking forward to seeing what goody bits he will get on top of his breakfast and dinner.
big_smile.png
This morning he had a little yogurt, tonight he had some chopped strawberry lol. Working hard at spoiling him again!

If someone thinks we should keep him penned up a bit longer than that, please let me know, I don't want to lose him again!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom