Lost power on day 16!

Amurr

Songster
Apr 25, 2020
I’m absolutely devastated!!!
Last night the power went out and my generator went tits up at the same time and there was no backup plan for my backup plan!!
I covered the incubator with a mountain of blankets, but the power was out for 13 hours and my house got down to 54degrees.
Is there any way they could have survived 13 hours without heat? We were on day 16 of incubation.

Redemption

Chirping
Apr 13, 2021
I’m absolutely devastated!!!
Last night the power went out and my generator went tits up at the same time and there was no backup plan for my backup plan!!
I covered the incubator with a mountain of blankets, but the power was out for 13 hours and my house got down to 54degrees.
Is there any way they could have survived 13 hours without heat? We were on day 16 of incubation.
There is an article out there in the internet zeitgeist that talks a lot about this from a large breeder. 150 eggs were removed from incubation for a specific kind of delicacy, Blaut or something like that. In any event the eggs were out of the incubator for a great deal of time, customer cancelled the order so they decided, hey why not, they put the eggs back in and had a hatch rate of like 75% Some of these eggs were out for a seriously extended period of time (Though I do not recall if they were chicken or duck)

When Im not sure I always use the wait and see method.

Coops Dad

Songster
May 10, 2020
too close to Waco, TX
I got a hatch of 16 of 22 eggs in spite of 5 days of rolling blackouts during the February Freeze and house temps routinely in the mid and upper 50's.

God designed them to be resilient.

Top Bottom