LOST POWER

ByrdFeathers

Songster
Jan 8, 2018
Bruce, FL
When I got home from work yesterday power had been off for about 4 hours then it took 2 and a half more hours for it to come back on. This was on day 3 of the incubation. Did that hurt anything or should they still be fine?

When I got home from work yesterday power had been off for about 4 hours then it took 2 and a half more hours for it to come back on. This was on day 3 of the incubation. Did that hurt anything or should they still be fine?
Hard to say. I would candle them now and again in a few days to see if tgeres any change. Most likely it will be a delayed hatch. Cold isnt as bad as hot.

Hard to say. I would candle them now and again in a few days to see if tgeres any change. Most likely it will be a delayed hatch. Cold isnt as bad as hot.

Yea not sure if I will see anything on candling I checked it the night before and they are brown eggs couldn't really see anything. I read several forums that said not to candle until day 10 so I was going to wait. Thanks for your input it makes me feel a little better.

Yea not sure if I will see anything on candling I checked it the night before and they are brown eggs couldn't really see anything. I read several forums that said not to candle until day 10 so I was going to wait. Thanks for your input it makes me feel a little better.
yep you can wait to day 10. depending on how dark brown you might not see anything except maybe that they're darker if they are growing. good luck :)

Should be fine. Please read Hatching Eggs 101 in the learning center. This one resource will answer all such questions before you even think to ask them, or even face a questionable issue during your incubation. Should be required reading before any one is allowed to touch an incubator plug.

I appreciate the response, but do you realize how long it would take to read all the important post. I am working my way through them, was simply trying to get a quick answer to an unexpected problem.

Back
Top Bottom