1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

lost them all students very upset

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by teachao, May 11, 2009.

1. teachao

teachao Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2009
    Savannah Georgia
    I did infact lose all my eggs. 24-30 chicken eggs.I was afraid I would when I found the temp at 118 degrees. I have cleaned the incubator and would like to put some chicken and duck eggs in for the children. They are very disappointed as they were really looking forward to seeing them. They are second graders and most have never seen a live chicken. Is there anyone in Georgia that will sell me some eggs? We are in Savannah Ga. Maybe if you are close they will arrive faster and we can put them in by Friday.
    Thanks for any help

2. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    PM:
    bargain
    lockedhearts
    pumpkinpup

and see what they have available. all great ladies to work with and good service. sorry the kids had a negative turn out. they are learning the real deal though, which is actually not too bad. [​IMG]

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

awwww, I'm so sorry you lost your eggies. I'm sure your little second graders were very disappointed. sure you'll be able to get some more eggs, like miss_jayne said. Best of luck to you. Things should go much better with this next hatch. [​IMG]

4. old mill poultry

old mill poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    So sorry about your eggs, try again.

5. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    pm Barnyard, she might have some eggs available. Sorry about the hatch. [​IMG]

6. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Wont school be out for the summer before they hatch???

7. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    Quote:Good point. Mine are out the 19th of May. ALREADY:eek:

8. simplyscrambled

simplyscrambled Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    I'm sorry too. And I have to say, Randy's offer is SO generous!! Way to go, Randy!! [​IMG]

Our schools don't get out until mid-June. So could be possible!

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  9. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    If you would like to try button quail they only take 16 days to hatch PM me I would be glad to give some to the kids

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by