Lost three Silkies then found two-quick note on 2

RGEISENDORF

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 18, 2009
Sedro-Woolley, WA
So got home and only two Silkie butts and the big girls roaming around. Walked the 4 acres two times before I found a pile of feathers. Couldn't figure out how something got three in broad daylight and not a scratch on anything else. Well my four yr old who has a great imagination and had "found" the missing Silkies at least 12 times today came in while I was on the computer looking for more Silkies to buy and told me there were two Silkies in the motorhome. "Uh huh, really? Are they driving or just hanging out?" This is me making conversation and still trying to find more chicks to buy.... "no mom, they are in the engine" o.k. he's got my attention. My 13 yr old is off the couch and interested too at this point. Tyler takes my hand, we round the corner and lone behold. I can see two fuzzy butts through the grill. I pop the hood and those two were the friendliest they had ever been. ahhhh so an Eagle got the third one - a couple weeks ago I came home to an Eagle looking under the motorhome. He had my big girls trapped under there and he was trying to figure out how to fit under there to get them..... Why can't chickens be endangered?
rant.gif

28483_silkies_058.jpg

The crew before losing one today.

Last edited:
sad.png
So sorry you lost one of your fluffy babies and so glad you found the other two.

I just got 2 Silkie pullets a week ago. They are so adorable, inquisative and friendly. I can't resist them. About how long does it take for them to fully feather and fluff out?

I have 10 other pullets too but the Silkies are my favs right now.

Have a good weekend
Posey

Quote:
Not sure. This is my first go round with Chickens. These guys are just over two months old. My other girls are friendlier but the silkies are so cute! You have a good weekend too!

Just went outside to lock up the crew and the two Silkies rescued from the motorhome engine and the Eagle, were trying to get under my big girls in the nesting boxes to sleep. The other two were in their normal spot in the straw on the ground but the other two must be really tramatized thinking the big girls will protect them. They probably would have gotten mad so I put them down with the other two and they crawled under them. Poor babies..
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom