Lots Of Eggs!

RyderTheChicken

Songster
Aug 28, 2018
Anchorage Alaska
I forgot to collect the eggs for about a week (lazy me) and I went out today to collect and my 22 hens must’ve been working pretty hard because there’s a lot of eggs

Attachments

• 5C6CD2CE-1F45-4856-B8F7-47170E4E2DE4.jpeg
    5C6CD2CE-1F45-4856-B8F7-47170E4E2DE4.jpeg
    461 KB · Views: 11
OK, really, how could you "forget" to collect your eggs from 22 hens for a whole week? I don't know how cold it is in Alaska where you live, but here in northern Minnesota it is below freezing so I collect eggs 2-3x per day. Do you have a heated barn?

Although I enjoy letting my hens out of their coop in the morning, and locking them up again at night, I would like to know how is it that you can go a whole week without checking on food and water? I think there must be more to your story than you are telling.
Time to fess up!:pop Back to you for "the rest of the story."

I would love to have a heated barn. This is my first year with laying hens, so I'm still excited every morning to let the hens out and harvest the eggs a couple times a day.

:old And, by the way, even if the hens don't need a heated barn, at my age, I would really appreciate it. Although I worry about the chickens surviving the winter, I wonder about myself, too.

Back
Top Bottom