Lots of Fairy Eggs

diamondsilkies

Songster
Oct 23, 2017
Southern Arizona
Hello everyone!
In the past two weeks, I have gotten six fairy eggs/fart eggs/etc. from my seramas. There are four hens in this group, all relatively experienced layers, ranging between 1 and 3 years old. All these small eggs have lots of calcium bumps, whereas their normal eggs are very smooth. Some feel empty while others seem like they may have something in them. The shells are very thick. They have oyster shells available and have been eating the same organic layer pellets since they were 7 months old. I don’t know who is laying them or if it’s the same hen or multiple.

Do I need to be concerned? Six fairy eggs seems like a lot in two weeks, but they all look very healthy otherwise.

609F8226-B331-4119-87A7-2D380F5CC371.jpeg

Here are the eggs, in order of when they were collected, with a penny for size comparison.

They are getting too kuch calcium have you cracked any of the eggs? What do inside of eggs look like?

Last edited:
What do inside of eggs look like?
Yes, need to see insides.
I'd guess from egg color that at least 2 birds are laying them, might just be 1 tho.
My bet is that they are molting and/or just the shorter days are affecting the old egg machine. You can get some funky eggs around those times.

Back
Top Bottom