lots of people having problems with the LG bator.

eggcellent,

YES. I must say that "You are missing something here."

Is your fan the factory-type fan or a computer fan or ? Can you provide a picture showing how/where it is mounted? Something is unusually "Rotten in Denmark" if you cannot get the temps below 105 F ) You shouldn't have any problem of this nature.

-Junkmanme-
old.gif

Quote:
We had the exact same problem with a computer fan we put in our LG then tried it in our Hovabator. Couldn't get either below 105 and the red light wasn't even on! The computer fan was generating the heat! Took it out and both worked fine. Then I ordered the fan from Incubator Warehouse that is made for the Hovabator. It is much lighter, made from plastic instead of metal and works like a charm. I installed it in the Hovabator and it maintained 99.5 for two days! It is turned off now but will turn it on again in a few days.

Edited to say it is super easy to install too. I did it myself, including the wiring! It has little blue clamps you just snap over the existing wires.

Mary

Last edited by a moderator:
If the light is staying on and it's heating then it probably isn't the fan. If the thermostat wants to keep the bator at 105 or above then either you just haven't turned the knob enough the right direction for it to keep the temp lower or you have a faulty thermostat.

To get the right temp out of my LG I have to not even turn the knob enough to feel it. I just apply pressure in the direction I want and stop before I feel it turn. It's the only way to get a single degree or 2 out of it. Then I have to wait several hours to see if it actually did anything or not. If I feel it turn then I just lost or gained about 5F.

Quote:
We had the exact same problem with a computer fan we put in our LG then tried it in our Hovabator. Couldn't get either below 105 and the red light wasn't even on! The computer fan was generating the heat! Took it out and both worked fine. Then I ordered the fan from Incubator Warehouse that is made for the Hovabator. It is much lighter, made from plastic instead of metal and works like a charm. I installed it in the Hovabator and it maintained 99.5 for two days! It is turned off now but will turn it on again in a few days.

Edited to say it is super easy to install too. I did it myself, including the wiring! It has little blue clamps you just snap over the existing wires.

Mary

Ditto on the Incubator Warehouse fan. I'm a complete klutz when it comes to electrical stuff and even I understood how to do it! My temps are holding steady and even.....

Quote:
I have used several different fans in several different locations. The last one I tried with was a 2" CPU fan. It is not the fan making it stay hot. It is the thermostat staying on when the air is moving. In a still air incubator the upper area (where the thermostat is) should be about 105-110 to get 99.5 at egg height. I just think the particular models I have do not allow you to go below the 105 degree even at the lowest setting.

I have built an incubator and I understand how everything works. It is just the still air thermostat on the 2 incubators I have does not perform correctly in a forced air environment. I have a zilla thermostat that I use for my other bator. The other chicks just hatched so I will just use that thermostat for now.

Do you have the knob turned all the way to the low setting? If it doesn't turn any farther then I would bet you have a defective thermostat. They should be able to adjust below 105F even at the top. The range should be greater than that.

I've had the same LG for 12 years. I've replaced the thermostate with the solid state type instead of the wafer-type. I can really tell a difference in the ease of getting the temperature regulated with it when compared to the old wafer style.

Back
Top Bottom