Loucinda Bassette, send free stress and anxiety cd soon!

beefy

Flamingo Daddy-o
12 Years
Apr 21, 2007
South Georgia
what a weird day--
i was out feeding the chickens after lunchtime and out of the corner of my eye i saw some chickens up on the steps watching something on the porch. it was a big ol' kingsnake! i left him alone as he crawled under the house, hoping the cats wouldnt notice him. if he gets a few eggs under the house, so what. i go and sit donw in the adirondack chair under the magnolia tree and about one minute later this HUGE brown snake comes racing out of this old wooden piece of furniture that i have plants on. i'm like what in the world? THEN, this rattlesnake comes moseying around the corner. i'm like what the fig? seriously? is this a joke? *looking around for camera--am i getting punked?* THREE SNAKES IN LESS THAN 5 MINUTES!!!

1012081604a-1-1.jpg

1012081540-1-1.jpg

1012081545-1.jpg

1012081546.jpg

1012081841a.jpg

1012081841.jpg

so immediately when i saw the rattlesnake i put the cats inside and the stupid chickens started harassing the rattlesnake. weapon of choice? super long pvc pipe. Idk if the rattlesnake was under the house or just passing thru the yard, but it wasnt meant to be. i havent been finding as many eggs lately, probably on account of that large brown snake. i assume a rattlesnake will eat eggs..especially ones that are still warm.

Dont worry, there are plenty of rattlesnakes left on the farm, just not in the yard with ME and the cats and chickens and dogs etc. besides, the king snake would have killed him anyway. i did consider letting him go about his business, but if you had my luck, you'd understand. so sorry to all the snake enthusiasts. the brown and king live on.

its already raining!!
icon_banana.gif

Last edited:
I bet the brown snake and rattler came running out 'cause the king snake was after them!
lol.png

And good for you for letting the two non-poisonous guys alone. I'm a big fan of snakes, but I draw the line at living with the poisonous ones.

ep.gif
Holy Moly that thing is huge!! I hate to say it but he would have been a goner here at my house also. DH and I hate them with a high passion.... Good job
clap.gif

By the way if you look down towards the tail of that rattler looks like he had already had a meal of some kind..... or either it was pregor's....
idunno.gif

Last edited:
i know i thought about cutting it open, but with my luck--in all seriousness--baby rattlers would fall out and bite me.

i'm just glad i saw him before the cats did. or before he spotted Zelda who decided to go broody nearby yesterday.

(idk why he looks so small on the fence in the faraway pics, but he was still moving then lol) --its just the one snake.

the first pic is the brown snake.

Last edited:
Quote:
oh wow, I thought I was the only one with luck like that.
I would have ---in all seriousness-- crapped all over myself
sickbyc.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom