loud peeping but no pips

i do know either but if their is nothing going on i would check. if you do be very careful start a the larger end and use a clean pin and chip away slowly
fl.gif
thinking of you

Quote:
What type of incubator do you have? My findings is that some are higher maintenance than others but I have also heard people saying that their set it and forget it incubators are having bad hatches this year. Not sure why. Tell us about your set up and we might be able to help you make it work for you.

i have a still air little gaint.with egg tunner. i have just set a batch of 26 on friday night. this should be the third day. i am a little nervous because they where with the ones that did not hatch and i had open and closed it more often checking on the ones i lost. should i candle them or sholud i let it go for a few more days till i do that.
temps 92-100 trying to keep it on 99.5 i set themonitor right between the eggs last time i had it on top of the eggs. i am not sure the readings where always right. i hope the new hydromeater and themonator come today. order them on friday. if any suggestion bring them on i do not want to lose these babies
th.gif

If I hear peeping late in hatching and no pipping, I help! I just carefully open the top of the egg(air cell), so the chick can breathe..good luck!

Quote:
What type of incubator do you have? My findings is that some are higher maintenance than others but I have also heard people saying that their set it and forget it incubators are having bad hatches this year. Not sure why. Tell us about your set up and we might be able to help you make it work for you.

i have a still air little gaint.with egg tunner. i have just set a batch of 26 on friday night. this should be the third day. i am a little nervous because they where with the ones that did not hatch and i had open and closed it more often checking on the ones i lost. should i candle them or sholud i let it go for a few more days till i do that.
temps 92-100 trying to keep it on 99.5 i set themonitor right between the eggs last time i had it on top of the eggs. i am not sure the readings where always right. i hope the new hydromeater and themonator come today. order them on friday. if any suggestion bring them on i do not want to lose these babies
th.gif

I wouldn't candle until day 10 because then they will be developed enough you can see movement in the egg.

The chicks may be resting. They pip and zip on the inside of the eggs first and wiggle around in their shells then take a break then do it some more. DON"T give up yet!!! Do not try to help the chicks hatch. They will die. Only help if they are already partially zipped/hatched and then they have a shot.

Last edited:
With a still air you need to make sure your temp is around 101 on top of the eggs and humidity should be around 35 to 45 until day 18 at day 18 you need to add more humidity. If you use warm water it will work better than cold to raise the humidity. It should be between 60 and 70 for the last 3 days. Try not to open the incubator for the last 3 days until the eggs are hatched to ensure that you don't dry out the other eggs trying to hatch. Drops in humidity can cause trouble. I don't candle or do anything once I hit day 18 just leave them and watch. My last hatch they started hatching day 20 and finished day 23, but I would give them until at least day 27 before I totally give up on them unless they have an odor.

Good luck

Little giants aren't bad incubators, I hope you can get yours to work for you.

thanks i dont even know if my incubator is still air or not it doesnt say and the humidity doesnt stay i dont know why

Back
Top Bottom