Loud Quacking

Ummmm. You know when their head is resting on their breast when sat down? She keeps doing this when stood up and running around. Like she is all hunched up. But not all the time, she can extend her neck when she wants to. But the head tucking started when the loud quacking did. If that makes sense?

She's not as hunched up today as what she has been. And I've noticed the loud quacks only happen when I'm around. I can hear her quacking normally when I'm inside the house. But if I go the window or go outside she gets excitable which is normal for her but this is when the really loud quacking happens. Only been in the last few weeks. So I don't know what's changed. Unless it's just behavioural?

Campbells the one in the middle. She has her head resting on her body with her neck tucked in. This is how she stands up and runs around, doesn't always extend her neck out

I have Welsh Harlequins (10 of them) and they shout at me every time I walk past, every time I go into their pen, when I let them out to pasture, if I am late coming out in the morning... I spied on them once and saw that they also shout at each other when one is hogging the desired water bucket (there are 3 buckets, but the favorite is always whichever one someone is using at the moment). When they aren't shouting, they are very quiet, though.

I must say, I have goats as well, and ducks and goats.....they are both so outrageous I find it impossible not to be cheered by their silly behavior everyday. Pretty happy place around here
lol.png

Ummmm. You know when their head is resting on their breast when sat down? She keeps doing this when stood up and running around. Like she is all hunched up. But not all the time, she can extend her neck when she wants to. But the head tucking started when the loud quacking did. If that makes sense?

I've got a runner who has started doing the same thing. I call it the "don't pick me up" hunch. I think it's just behavioral. For the past month I've been having to give oral medicine to a different duck twice a day, but they're always together when I go to pick up Deliah. So Dizzy the runner has been hunching up and running away, thinking I'm coming for her. She also quacks louder too.

Perhaps something that you are doing is making yours nervous? Sometimes if I lower my body they don't freak out as much.

It doesn't seem like she's freaking out. It's seems more of an excitement thing. And since she's been hunching it's much easier to pick her up for a cuddle. I have noticed she's got bumblefoot on one of her feet in the early stages, could this be an influence?

It doesn't seem like she's freaking out. It's seems more of an excitement thing. And since she's been hunching it's much easier to pick her up for a cuddle. I have noticed she's got bumblefoot on one of her feet in the early stages, could this be an influence?

Maybe. I've haven't had to deal with bumblefoot yet, thankfully. Or it could be excitement like you say. Maybe she's saying pick me up!

Does anyone have any cures for bumblefoot? Is in early stages. Not turned black yet. I'd like to avoid another foot op if possible.

Back
Top Bottom