Louisiana checking in....

Chickenteacher

Songster
10 Years
Mar 13, 2009
Patterson, Louisiana
Hi all....I am returning to BYC after a hiatus...
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We have about 25 chickens right now but have had chickens for about 6 years now. I grew up around them and decided my children should know about them as well.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? We have a flock of 25 but I currently have another 25 in incubators...

(3) What breeds do you have? We have standard sized Rhode Island Reds, Black Australorps, Buff Orpingtons, Americanas, Barred Rocks, Partridge Rocks, a Sicilian Buttercup and a bator full of Blue Andalusians and Brown Leghorns....

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? When I first ordered baby chicks, I wanted to find out more information and found BYC. I've learned a lot here.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I like Gardening and Reading and playing games with my husband and children...

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. We live in South Louisiana and I teach at a local jr. high. My students and I have a hatch coming due next week. It amazes me how few students have ever experienced the joy of chickens or gardening...so I try to do my part to expose them.....I am also Mom to two great kids and wife to one great husband... Glad to be back home at BYC...LBS

welcome from south west MS!!
welcome-byc.gif

I'm from South La. also. Welcome!!

As for what kinds do I have?? I have a little of everything. Too many breeds, hubby says, but I can't decide which I like more. So, I'm still experimenting, I guess you could say.

I love them all, but on rainy, nasty days like today, I don't even want to be out there. You gotta take the good with the bad, I guess, but I want my sunshine back!!

Again, Welcome!

Paula:)

Back
Top Bottom