Louisiana Chickenstock?

WillsMama93

Songster
11 Years
Mar 23, 2008
Shreveport, La
I saw where there was a post from last year about a possible Chickenstock in Louisiana. Anyone planning anything for this year? My son and I are new to chickens, but we would love to meet up with other chicken lovers, and see what we can learn.

yippiechickie.gif

This is the first that I have heard it. Maybe all of us LA folks need to put one together. And we not leaving you out tx_dane_mom. Heck all of BYC is welcome if one is put together, as long as they are willing to spend the gas money to come to LA...lol

I am very interested. Never been to a chicken stock, but love my chickens.

Dorothy

IF it's in NW LA, I'm interested. San Marcos is a 7 hour drive for me so I didn't make Texas chickenstock. If it's somewhere up around Shreveport or so, I'm only an hour and a half away.

I'm in Tx, so it's going to take a La person to head it up. I don't mind helping w/food/drinks/planning etc, but it's either going to need to be in the Shreveport/Monroe or Baton Rouge/Lafayette area. Just my 2 cents

I am all for a LA Chickenstock, but I don't know what it is exactly....lol It has to do with chickens and good folks, so I am up for it.

Shreveport would be too far for me to go though. I live in Southeast LA and Shreveport is approx. a 6 hr. drive from here. Some where between Baton Rouge and Lafayette would work better for me.

tx_dane_mom, I would do this, but like I said I don't know what to do. I am not familiar enough with that area to find a place to have a Chickenstock either. I might do a little research and see what I can come up with. If I knew what I was supposed to do, then it might be a little easier...lol

Dorothy

I have't been t one either, I just get the impression that it's like a lunch/pot-luck thing. People can plan to bring chickens to sale/swap, etc and just get together to meet/talk chicken. Ideally it would be at someone's house so noone had to pay to rent a pavillion or anything, but it may not work in this situation.

Back
Top Bottom