"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Quote:
[SIZE=10pt][COLOR=000000]They are a Silkie / Frizzled Cochin cross and are called Sizzles. The two in that pic are show quality Sizzles….mine are more like pet quality when compared to those two.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][COLOR=000000]Here are some pics of mine...[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][COLOR=000000][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][COLOR=000000][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt][COLOR=000000]Chris[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I like your like colored Sizzle. Do they tend to be at the bottom of the pecking order? I am afraid they would get picked on because their feathers are all over the place. My mom would love these.

I like your like colored Sizzle. Do they tend to be at the bottom of the pecking order? I am afraid they would get picked on because their feathers are all over the place. My mom would love these.
I have not owned that many Bantams, mostly Silkies and Sizzles with a few light Brahmas and Buff Brahmas. All of the birds I had were together when I had them and I never had a problem with anyone getting picked on. I currently only have the 4 Sizzles hens together in a pen until I build them their own coop, well 3 of them are together one is sitting on eggs in the barn. I just hatched 12 Sizzles that I kept and I hope to get some more keepers out of the 40 eggs that are in the incubator now. It usually takes about a week to tell if they are keepers or not once they hatch.

Hopefully when I'm done hatching the rest of these eggs that I have in the bator I will have somewhere around 25 Sizzles to grow out some. I don't plan on keeping them all just a few to add to what I have and use as breeders for next year. If your interested in any of the chicks I have let me know and maybe we can meet up half way between me and you like I did with Gracie. The next swap around here won't be until October and by then I'll know what I have and who I'm keeping and who will be sold at that sale. I say that because I don't know if I will have anymore to sell until the Spring of next year unless I buy another Rooster between now and then. I can also ship chicks but would prefer not to ship anything until it cools down some.

Let me know if your interested,
Chris

Last edited:
I'm glade that I could help you out with some chicks since you were having the same luck as me with the eggs. Yea, that worked out for us both! Also, please let me know if you hear anything about any local shows and I'll do the same for you. I sure would like to go check one out, 4H, FFA or whatever.

Thanks again,
Chris

Chris,

Sounds like a plan!
Once school starts back up in a few weeks, I''ll call up to 5th Ward and talk to Mr. Peters, they guy the state vet told you about. If anybody would know about shows in this part of the state, my money is on him.
I am very interested in going to a show to see what wins and more importantly what doesn't. I think it would be very informative and we get to make some good local connections.
Oh, and I just love the German New Hamps I got yesterday: They are great little birds and seem to like their daytime tractor!
Take care,
Rhonda

I met with Twiley last week, and got a few new babies
smile.png
Looks like I will have 8 breeding pairs of Sebbies next spring. Lots of whites, grays, and a few saddlebacks hopefully!

These babies came from Twiley. The first is a curly goose, second is a smooth gander, and last is a curly gander.

This is my original Trio. Freckles, Savannah, and Julianna

And these are my favorites! My gray pair

The adults are just coming out of a molt, so I am hoping they will look even better by the fall.

Back
Top Bottom