"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Five out and 2 more pipped.
that only leaves 1 egg from this "due date" batch.

I have 2 more eggs in there but #9 & 10 are only 2 weeks old & I'm not sure are even fertile since the males were showing signs of moult by then -- but after I move the babies tomorrow I'll candle them & if I see any signs will leave them in the bator another 2 weeks & see. I opted to leave the eggs alone in the Brinsea & not move them into the old Hovnabator this time & I'm glad I did - they seem to be hatching faster & easier & chicks are livelier right off the bat -- on the other hand, these are the eggs laid at the "height of the season" - they are larger than the previous eggs.

regardless, I am getting another Brinsea for next year - these little bators rock!!

Last edited:
well i got my nipple waterers in to day installed them on the bottom on a 5 gallon bucket. my chickens are already catching on i dont know how i did it without them. i also built a new pen for that faverolles rooster, i was having trouble with all my other hens pecking. on he is doing a lot better now i decided if i end up not being able to put him back in with the flock im gunna get me a couple of faverolle hens for him and just keep them seperated from the RIRs.

Update on peachicks.
The Three Caballeros (my 1st hatch):

Closeup of Amtrak & nosy pied sibling:

The Four Musketeers (2nd hatch):

The Magnificent Seven: (3rd hatch - hatched yesterday):

Chick TV: this is our indoor brooder box -- a cardboard box with a window screen - they love to peek out & see what's going on & it helps socialize them, too. the magnificent seven are in it for the next 2 weeks. Then they'll graduate to an outside brooder.

Last edited:
I got a call that our juvenile ducks were roaming the neighborhood. I found them across the street enjoying the neighbor's flooded yard and some fresh watermelon that they threw out for them. I wouldn't want to come home either if I were being spoiled like that!

I got a call that our juvenile ducks were roaming the neighborhood. I found them across the street enjoying the neighbor's flooded yard and some fresh watermelon that they threw out for them. I wouldn't want to come home either if I were being spoiled like that!
yuckyuck.gif
yea it would be hard for me to come home to if i was them lol

Its my experience that people just decide they want birds, so they get them. Most of them think you can just throw out bread or corn for food. I have tried to talk to them more before they come buy them and even have a print out with food and housing info, etc. I've had several people that I've turned away even though they drove for hours to get to my house. One guy showed up with a lidless box and wanted to tie the chicken's legs together for the ride home so they wouldn't fly out. Its truly ridiculous sometimes. Its not your fault they dont listen. If they are that ignorant on the subject you dont want them buying any more of your animals anyway.

Its my experience that people just decide they want birds, so they get them. Most of them think you can just throw out bread or corn for food. I have tried to talk to them more before they come buy them and even have a print out with food and housing info, etc. I've had several people that I've turned away even though they drove for hours to get to my house. One guy showed up with a lidless box and wanted to tie the chicken's legs together for the ride home so they wouldn't fly out. Its truly ridiculous sometimes. Its not your fault they dont listen. If they are that ignorant on the subject you dont want them buying any more of your animals anyway.
goodpost.gif
well said, if you own any animal it is your responsability to care for and protect them, and some times its stuppid people you have to protect them from. and ive met some you just want to
smack.gif

Back
Top Bottom