"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Chick TV: this is our indoor brooder box -- a cardboard box with a window screen -

Hey Terri,

With your "TV" as inspiration I installed an HD screen on our LivingRoom Brooder. We currently have 8 2-day old guienas and 3 1-week old chicks. My nieces and nephew come over to the house and take the chickens out to watch television with them. Everyone enjoys the little fuzzies. We have 20 RIR due to hatch in about a week. I guess the new series will start soon.
cool.png

Hey Terri,

With your "TV" as inspiration I installed an HD screen on our LivingRoom Brooder. We currently have 8 2-day old guienas and 3 1-week old chicks. My nieces and nephew come over to the house and take the chickens out to watch television with them. Everyone enjoys the little fuzzies. We have 20 RIR due to hatch in about a week. I guess the new series will start soon.
cool.png

It looks great!!!
thumbsup.gif

Its my experience that people just decide they want birds, so they get them. Most of them think you can just throw out bread or corn for food. I have tried to talk to them more before they come buy them and even have a print out with food and housing info, etc.  I've had several people that I've turned away even though they drove for hours to get to my house. One guy showed up with a lidless box and wanted to tie the chicken's legs together for the ride home so they wouldn't fly out. Its truly ridiculous sometimes. Its not your fault they dont listen. If they are that ignorant on the subject you dont want them buying any more of your animals anyway.

Anyone not passing the test when I ask them questions about the animal they want to buy, I don't sell.

Good morning everyone!!!! :frow

Terri, no change from this weekend on the hatches. Still only 1 guinea and 1 pied pea has hatched. It looked like a turkey was hatching but I'm not sure. I had to take out the guinea and pea, so I hope I didn't mess up the other eggs. :/

If no other eggs hatch, then that's still ok. I"m good with my 3 peas. Especially my Prince! :D I'm putting the incubator away for the year. I'm tired. :th

Good morning everyone!!!!
frow.gif

Terri, no change from this weekend on the hatches. Still only 1 guinea and 1 pied pea has hatched. It looked like a turkey was hatching but I'm not sure. I had to take out the guinea and pea, so I hope I didn't mess up the other eggs.
hmm.png

If no other eggs hatch, then that's still ok. I"m good with my 3 peas. Especially my Prince!
big_smile.png
I'm putting the incubator away for the year. I'm tired.
th.gif

I've taken them out before & still had eggs hatch - you might go home to a whole bator full of chicks!

I was SO happy to break down my bator & sterilize it - letting it dry real good & tonight will pack it up & store it for the year. I'm tired, too!

Good morning everyone!!!! :frow

Terri, no change from this weekend on the hatches. Still only 1 guinea and 1 pied pea has hatched. It looked like a turkey was hatching but I'm not sure. I had to take out the guinea and pea, so I hope I didn't mess up the other eggs. :/

If no other eggs hatch, then that's still ok. I"m good with my 3 peas. Especially my Prince! :D I'm putting the incubator away for the year. I'm tired. :th

I've taken them out before & still had eggs hatch - you might go home to a whole bator full of chicks!

I was SO happy to break down my bator & sterilize it - letting it dry real good & tonight will pack it up & store it for the year. I'm tired, too!

We shall see.

And can you believe the girls started laying eggs AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :barnie

I'm losing my mind. I will just put the eggs under whatever is broody at the time. :/

We shall see.
And can you believe the girls started laying eggs AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
barnie.gif

I'm losing my mind. I will just put the eggs under whatever is broody at the time.
hmm.png

Your peahens are laying again?
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ep.gif

My boys are dropping their tails - no eggs here in over 2 weeks & if they did lay the eggs wouldn't be fertile. I am DONE! Finished, caput, fini.

and the magnificent seven is now the Great Eight - as the last egg did finally hatch. Little one has one weak leg so is in a band-aid brace for 24 hours or so, but was standing up straight & toes straight & bopping around w/the rest of them this morning. I had two eggs left, one clear & one only partially developed. So out of 22 eggs set this year, I hatched 15 peachicks. I'm happy!

Back
Top Bottom