"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

I have a question for everybody who hatches ducks in an incubator... I have my temp locked in at 99.5, the problem I'm having is with the humidity. I am using a little giant 9200, I have filled up all the indention's for water filled and it brought me to 50%, I added a large sponge and brought it up to 60%... I need to get it up to 85%... Any ideas on how to raise it?
Do you have the vent holes open? If so try to cover 1 or both of them with tape and see if that helps. Is it a still air or do you have a fan? Also keep in mind that this cooler weather pushes the humidity lower and that could be part of your problem especially if you run the heat in the house. You could put a towel going around the sides and keep it wet and that should help.

Do you have the vent holes open? If so try to cover 1 or both of them with tape and see if that helps. Is it a still air or do you have a fan? Also keep in mind that this cooler weather pushes the humidity lower and that could be part of your problem especially if you run the heat in the house. You could put a towel going around the sides and keep it wet and that should help.

I have all of the vent holes closed and it is still air (I've been on the hunt for a computer fan). I'm not running heat or AC in the house right now (loving this weather). I will try to put a dish towel in there and see how it works. Thanks for the tip!

I have all of the vent holes closed and it is still air (I've been on the hunt for a computer fan). I'm not running heat or AC in the house right now (loving this weather). I will try to put a dish towel in there and see how it works. Thanks for the tip!
Go to a computer repair shop and ask for an old fan, tell them what you're using it for and they will probably give it to you free, or get it from Ebay for $5.00 including shipping http://www.ebay.com/itm/120-mm-CASE...?pt=US_Computer_Case_Fans&hash=item3f1d792816

You'll need an old cell phone charger to power it up, the fan will have up to 4 wires but just connect the black and red wires to the 2 wires from the cell charger and tape the wires, that's it and it's really simple to install with long bolts.

Forgot to post a few random pics that I took over the last week or so.

I let a couple of the girls out to run around the yard.

Turkey hen roosting in the tall pecan tree. :/ She was WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY up there!

Good morning ! Downright chilly by my standards!
Nice pics Julie -- your rabbits are so pretty - boy that turkey is really up high!

I need to be home picking up pecans - they are falling like crazy.

Good morning ! Downright chilly by my standards!
Nice pics Julie -- your rabbits are so pretty - boy that turkey is really up high!

I need to be home picking up pecans - they are falling like crazy.

Thanks. I have so many pecans on the ground that are going to waste. I picked a few but not as many as I need to.

I hope that Price doesn't see the turkeys flying in the pecan trees. I'm sure he will eventually try to do the same. :/

Back
Top Bottom