"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Sassymygirl, Apr 10, 2009.

1. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    My neighbor brought me over a few bags of okra that was cut and cleaned. I can't wait to make some okra gumbo with shrimp. Now I have to find something to do with the egg plant that she brought over. Gotta love a neighbor who always have fresh veggies from their garden.

Does anyone have any pecan trees? I have 3 big ole trees and I have been picking pecans for a few days. It's looking like I will have A LOT. Pecan candy and pecan pie is in my future. :drool

2. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Mornin' Julie, Mornin' Jeff! It's nice today - too bad I have to be at work so I can feed all those hungry beaks back home!

3. TerriLaChicks

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    [​IMG] Yes, the 'eatin season is upon us! We have 8 or 9 pecan trees. Also have the satsuma & lemon trees loaded down - satsumas are getting ripe, lemons are a bit slower -they need a few more weeks.
    Jim brought back a bunch of hot peppers from New Mexico & I was given 2 bags of peppers by my coworker so we are going to make some homemade salsa & hot sauce this weekend!

4. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana

Salsa? Hot Sauce? Satsuma? Lemons? :drool JACKPOT! :thumbsup

5. mzstre

mzstre Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2011
    near Baton Rouge, LA
    :welcome You'll love this thread- everyone here is very friendly and helpful! I am very near you. I live in WBR (Brusly) and work in Baton Rouge off Essen Lane.

6. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Looks like rain. :/

7. Gracie9205

Gracie9205 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2010
    Lake Charles, LA
    I shipped some chicks Priority mail via USPS to Oregon on Monday, and they arrived in less than 18 hours! I was flabbergasted! This is the first time in over a year that I have had something nice to say about the post office!

8. catdaddyfro

catdaddyfro Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2009
    Vernon Parish
    LOL hey there Gracie yeah they sometimes do what they are supposed/or say they will do. I figure if they need more business to keep from going under they would do a better job and entice people to use them more but who knows, work ethics in this country are bound for the "crapper" anyway, just a matter of time.

anyway I was just thinking of those Partridge Rocks I couldn't go the money at the time, still can't but I was wondering if later on in late winter/early spring if you had eggs for sale I might could get on the list for some. I have a project down the road that I could use some partridge rock blood in if you still have them by then sounded as if you were going to probly end up keeping them most likey anyway. LOL

Jeff

ETA oh yeah, good mornin'[​IMG] La-yers and Bycers too.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  9. Gracie9205

Gracie9205 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2010
    Lake Charles, LA
    I actually got rid of all of them! Had to get rid of a couple breeds, and those just so happened to be the ones to get the boot. I liked them, just not enough room/money in the chicken budget!

10. TerriLaChicks

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Good morning La-yers! looks like rain here, too.

Yesterday had a "threatening tweet" which caused an evacuation of the high school behind the office where I work. This morning they had a "tweet about a possible mass shooting" so more commotion. What is it with kids these days? Somebody apparently doesn't want to take end of semester exams.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by