"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Hello to all. I am new to the Backyard Chickens site, and sort of stumbled onto this thread. Was surprised to see a goodly number of folks from Louisiana. I am in rural north central Louisiana...Winn parish. I have had backyard layers off and on for years, but now I am just getting started with a couple of less common breeds (Penedesencas and Faverolles), as well as an olive egger project (Ameraucanas over Marans/Penedesencas). Glad to meet yall
smile.png

Good morning La-yers! looks like rain here, too.

Yesterday had a "threatening tweet" which caused an evacuation of the high school behind the office where I work. This morning they had a "tweet about a possible mass shooting" so more commotion. What is it with kids these days? Somebody apparently doesn't want to take end of semester exams.

OH NO! That is horrible. I"m praying nothing happens over there.

Hello to all.  I am new to the Backyard Chickens site, and sort of stumbled onto this thread.  Was surprised to see a goodly number of folks from Louisiana.  I am in rural north central Louisiana...Winn parish.  I have had backyard layers off and on for years, but now I am just getting started with a couple of less common breeds (Penedesencas and Faverolles), as well as an olive egger project (Ameraucanas over Marans/Penedesencas).  Glad to meet yall :)

Howdy partner! Welcome to BYC. :frow

We have a great group of people here. You will love it. We have all kinda critters in our back yards. :gig

Can't wait to see what you have.

Hello to all. I am new to the Backyard Chickens site, and sort of stumbled onto this thread. Was surprised to see a goodly number of folks from Louisiana. I am in rural north central Louisiana...Winn parish. I have had backyard layers off and on for years, but now I am just getting started with a couple of less common breeds (Penedesencas and Faverolles), as well as an olive egger project (Ameraucanas over Marans/Penedesencas). Glad to meet yall
smile.png
Hi, James! :welcome Great to have you here :)

I have been trying to hire a high school kid or young teenager to work at my place on the weekend cleaning coops, chicken houses, waterers, feeders, etc but I don't think kids want to work anymore or maybe the job is too hard. :/

I have been trying to hire a high school kid or young teenager to work at my place on the weekend cleaning coops, chicken houses, waterers, feeders, etc but I don't think kids want to work anymore or maybe the job is too hard.
hmm.png
"Don't want to work" is the operative phrase. My boss tried to hire her nephews to come rake & clean out the gutters here at the office - they lasted about an hour & then decided it was "too hard"!

smile.png
welcome-byc.gif

smile.png

Hey there Mr. James
frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif

Rural Winn parish, Heck that's right in the middle of Catahoula hog dog country there now, glad to have you in the La-yers hen-house.

Jeff

I have been trying to hire a high school kid or young teenager to work at my place on the weekend cleaning coops, chicken houses, waterers, feeders, etc but I don't think kids want to work anymore or maybe the job is too hard. :/

"Don't want to work" is the operative phrase. My boss tried to hire her nephews to come rake & clean out the gutters here at the office - they lasted about an hour & then decided it was "too hard"!

:yuckyuck

:lau

lol @ they lasted about an hour and decided it was "too hard". :lau

Back
Top Bottom