"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Sassymygirl, Apr 10, 2009.

1. catdaddyfro

catdaddyfro Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2009
    Vernon Parish
    I have some Ideal hatchery Dellies they are not very much to look at now as they are going thru a hard molt now but I will have some chicks and eggs from a select few (the best out of the bunch) this coming spring actually late winter I'm sure. I would sell a few of these now for a descent enough price if you are interested but I'm not close to L.C. I'm north of Leesville or in other words 85 miles from the Lake Charles area. They are good layers too.

Jeff

2. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana

Good luck! Thanks for sharing.

3. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Yea, I just don't understand. I feel the same as you. I wish I could take a break and have a "helper" to take over for a weekend but that is a mere dream. That will never happen. :/

4. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana

Congrats on the eggs. How many chickens do you have?

5. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Good morning La-yers. A little rain last night. :/

6. mzstre

mzstre Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2011
    near Baton Rouge, LA
    Good luck on the hatch, Roxanne! I have some in the bator too, but mine have a long ways to go. :) What kind of eggs are you hatching?

7. mzstre

mzstre Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2011
    near Baton Rouge, LA

Good morning! The rain skipped us last night. Y'all get a lot?

8. catdaddyfro

catdaddyfro Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2009
    Vernon Parish
    Mornin' La-yers and Bycers too

We got some rain not much it rained hard for a little while but it was over way to quick but hey I'll take it it will surely do for the greens as a little is still better'n none right.

Gonna be cold here the next couple of mornins 49-45 fri and sat morn. fall is in the air of course its gonna warm back up during the daytime to our reg 40* degree La.differences between lows and highs though, LOL

Jeff

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  9. LAchickenMESS

LAchickenMESS Out Of The Brooder

Sep 30, 2012
    I'm the other direction in Gonzales near the Tanger Outlet mall. I have 4 grown chickens 2 BO, one of which is a roo, and 2 ameracaunas. Just got 2 BR and one White Rock as chicks. Anyone have trouble getting hens to lay eggs IN the nesting boxes? I have one that wants to hide and lay eggs, and THAT's the one hen that won't let the rooster near her, so it's not like she would be hatching anything anyway.

10. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Jeff, you are SUCH an enabler! [​IMG]Let me know when - as long as I'm going to fire up the bator I may as well fill it up all the way, right?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by