"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Good morning everybody! We didn't get a whole lot of rain here - lot of thunder & threat mostly. Settled the dust anyway.

Nice slow day at work & then I'm off for the week - going to make salsa and hot sauce this weekend for Christmas presents. And pick up pecans. And satsumas. And lemons. And kumquats (which are useless in my opinion but we have them anyway - if anybody knows anything decent you can make out of kumquats please let me know)!

Roxanne good luck on your hatch - so excited for you!

Yea, I just don't understand. I feel the same as you. I wish I could take a break and have a "helper" to take over for a weekend but that is a mere dream. That will never happen.
hmm.png

LOL hey I got an idea for a change of scenery at least. You come here and I'll go there ( trade/swap) spots for a weekend. It would be a change-up for sure, but I think it would be too unfair on my part as I have a lot more heads to tend than you maybe not as many different types of critters but surely out number you. I got LOTS to see after here, I'd hazard a guess of 500+

Anyway I'm just kidding around with you this mornin, its the cool weather and I'm "feeling my oats" so they say LOL

Jeff

Jeff, you are SUCH an enabler!
gig.gif
Let me know when - as long as I'm going to fire up the bator I may as well fill it up all the way, right?

Hey go big or don't go at all.

Ok I got me a small generator on the way so I can get out to the barn and some pen building/dividing for breeder pens, and get them set up in their lovers lair and it''ll be on,like Donkey Kong. I'm gonna be breeding NHs and get started on my Delaware remake project. I'm going for F2s this round Mrs.Kathy has had great success in this operation so far so I hope mine goes as well too. She has made some outstanding looking Delawares so far with her efforts.

OK I shall holler at you when it get those NHs going and they been together long enough to be bred up pure. I got to "geterdun" as my brother is bringing me my buff barreds down from Ark around Christmas time and he's expecting to be able to bring NH hatching eggs back with him.
smile.png

Jeff the (pusher/enabler)
tongue2.gif

Last edited:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thank you everyone :) I am hatching silver sussex from texas birds of a feather aka Don Kreitner ...lol long story short looking for some sussex eggs close by, had a great deal, told him about the poultry club trying to get up n' running and found out he was the President of the American Sussex association and that how we all got the sponsor to come help us out. The birds are from his flock he raises and shows up in Texas.

I have some Ideal hatchery Dellies they are not very much to look at now as they are going thru a hard molt now but I will have some chicks and eggs from a select few (the best out of the bunch) this coming spring actually late winter I'm sure. I would sell a few of these now for a descent enough price if you are interested but I'm not close to L.C. I'm north of Leesville or in other words 85 miles from the Lake Charles area. They are good layers too.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, we actually have some friends in Leesville so we can stop for a visit. Keep me in mind and let me know when you get some, I'm in no big hurry.

Hey go big or don't go at all.

Ok I got me a small generator on the way so I can get out to the barn and some pen building/dividing for breeder pens, and get them set up in their lovers lair and it''ll be on,like Donkey Kong. I'm gonna be breeding NHs and get started on my Delaware remake project. I'm going for F2s this round Mrs.Kathy has had great success in this operation so far so I hope mine goes as well too. She has made some outstanding looking Delawares so far with her efforts.

OK I shall holler at you when it get those NHs going and they been together long enough to be bred up pure. I got to "geterdun" as my brother is bringing me my buff barreds down from Ark around Christmas time and he's expecting to be able to bring NH hatching eggs back with him.
smile.png

Jeff the (pusher/enabler)
tongue2.gif
"Go big or don't go at all" -- LOVE that!
lau.gif
that is exactly why I ended up with 13 peacocks. We figure at the rate we're building coops & runs, by next summer we won't have to cut the grass in back at all - it'll all be fenced in!

Thanks Jeff! I'm going to hatch some more RIRs too - do you still have the ones I gave you? The trio I kept is just beautiful - I kept the smallest roo but he turned out to be a big handsome fellow after all & I just love my hens.

Thank you everyone :) I am hatching silver sussex from texas birds of a feather aka Don Kreitner ...lol long story short looking for some sussex eggs close by, had a great deal, told him about the poultry club trying to get up n' running and found out he was the President of the American Sussex association and that how we all got the sponsor to come help us out. The birds are from his flock he raises and shows up in Texas.
Sounds like an interesting project & that's great how you hooked up -- I have found some of the nicest people among "chicken folks"! I'll have to go look up silver sussex - they sound pretty!

Back
Top Bottom