"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Sassymygirl, Apr 10, 2009.

1. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Do you have the recipe? :drool

2. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Terri, I didn't know that Petrus sells a 26% Game bird Feed. The girl that I talked to said it's $14.95. That's a good price.

3. PrimroseMom1

PrimroseMom1 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I am so jealous and amazed. I would love to have lots of animals. I live in the city limits and am only allowed 3 hens and no roos. So, my little "farm" of 3 hens, 2 dogs and 1 cat just isn't enough. BUT, I simply LOVE my girls and am totally obcessed with chickens. I teach school and my kids see lots of fotos on the classroom ActivBoard (huge screen). I am excited about finding this link so I can read about chickens and ducks and goats, oh my! You guys are the best!!!!!!

4. mbmess2003

mbmess2003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2012
    Work in Mandeville, LA
    I've been feeding mine Nutrena All Flock 18% Pellets. I actually have been fermenting them and have been amazed by the results.....less waste and no smell in the coop!

it says meat birds in the thread title but it works for everybody. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/644300/fermenting-feed-for-meat-birds

5. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    [​IMG]

6. TerriLaChicks

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    They do have good priced - better than TSC here. TSC doesn't even carry gamebird feed, altho they did say they could special order it for me. I wasn't happy about Petrus's feed several years back with my first flock of chickens - seemed like there would be an inch of "dust" in the bottom of every bag -- but I haven't seen that this go round. They have their own mill & bag their own. I don't know if they do custom mixes but it might not hurt to ask. I can say their feed is always fresh & "clean".

7. TerriLaChicks

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Can you please PM me your recipe or post it here? thanks!

8. mzstre

mzstre Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2011
    near Baton Rouge, LA
    I'd love the marmalade recipe as well! :)

9. ellpel

ellpel Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2012
    Hey Louisiana peeps, I need some help. We are having a contest at work, and I need your vote. We have a new software system and it needs a name. My name for it is "Xtrema". Please follow link and vote for Xtrema. Thanks, I appreciate all the help I can get.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SSY62YV

10. mzstre

mzstre Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2011
    near Baton Rouge, LA

Done! I hope you win! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by