"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

I am so jealous and amazed. I would love to have lots of animals. I live in the city limits and am only allowed 3 hens and no roos. So, my little "farm" of 3 hens, 2 dogs and 1 cat just isn't enough. BUT, I simply LOVE my girls and am totally obcessed with chickens. I teach school and my kids see lots of fotos on the classroom ActivBoard (huge screen). I am excited about finding this link so I can read about chickens and ducks and goats, oh my! You guys are the best!!!!!!

Can any recommend a feed that I can feed to ALL my animals (chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys)? I have been using Flockraiser pellets but the feed store that I have been buying it from has had molded feed for the last 2 months, so I have been using Flockraiser crumble from TSC but I HATE the crumble. I really, really, really need a feed that all of them can eat regardless of their age. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.
I've been feeding mine Nutrena All Flock 18% Pellets. I actually have been fermenting them and have been amazed by the results.....less waste and no smell in the coop!

it says meat birds in the thread title but it works for everybody. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/644300/fermenting-feed-for-meat-birds

I am so jealous and amazed. I would love to have lots of animals. I live in the city limits and am only allowed 3 hens and no roos. So, my little "farm" of 3 hens, 2 dogs and 1 cat just isn't enough. BUT, I simply LOVE my girls and am totally obcessed with chickens. I teach school and my kids see lots of fotos on the classroom ActivBoard (huge screen). I am excited about finding this link so I can read about chickens and ducks and goats, oh my! You guys are the best!!!!!!
welcome-byc.gif

Terri, I didn't know that Petrus sells a 26% Game bird Feed. The girl that I talked to said it's $14.95. That's a good price.
They do have good priced - better than TSC here. TSC doesn't even carry gamebird feed, altho they did say they could special order it for me. I wasn't happy about Petrus's feed several years back with my first flock of chickens - seemed like there would be an inch of "dust" in the bottom of every bag -- but I haven't seen that this go round. They have their own mill & bag their own. I don't know if they do custom mixes but it might not hurt to ask. I can say their feed is always fresh & "clean".

Hey Louisiana peeps, I need some help. We are having a contest at work, and I need your vote. We have a new software system and it needs a name. My name for it is "Xtrema". Please follow link and vote for Xtrema. Thanks, I appreciate all the help I can get.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SSY62YV

Back
Top Bottom