"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Sassymygirl, Apr 10, 2009.

1. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana

Go chickie's, Go chickie's, Go chickie's, Go chickie's, Go chickie's, Go chickie's, Go chickie's, Go chickie's,!!! :celebrate

Isn't it so exciting. I can't wait. Post Post and keep Posting. We chick addicts need updates. It's the only thing that keeps me going throughout the day. :gig

GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fl

2. mzstre

mzstre Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2011
    near Baton Rouge, LA
    Thank you! They are soft, and I just love how laid back this breed is! I'm only going to keep one of my mottled boys if anyone is interested in the other. I had lots of interest in him, and someone said she definitely wanted him. A few of my hens came down with the dry form of fowl pox about the same time, so I wouldn't send him to a new home until I knew for sure he didn't have it (I didn't want to expose her flock). I guess she didn't want to wait because when I contacted her to let her know he's all clear, she said she'd already purchased another bird.

3. mzstre

Oct 5, 2011
    near Baton Rouge, LA

Good morning!!! :)

4. mzstre

Oct 5, 2011
    near Baton Rouge, LA
    Yay! How many made it to lockdown? I'm sending happy hatching vibes your way!

5. Roxanneinla

Roxanneinla Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2012
    Leesville Louisiana

Out of 12 only 4 are in lock down...i'm thinking maybe thre might hatch :/ cause that is the only ones that are a rocking. LOL!!! As the egg turns..stay tuned for more updates

6. Roxanneinla

Mar 26, 2012
    Leesville Louisiana
    HELP!!!!!! Something wrong with speckles :( I checked on her and her comb was way off color..very pale pink..She wasn't acting like her usually self earlier..you know talking to me and coming up to see me while i check on them at the crack of dawn...now she if very lethargic and keeps laying down..the other chickens are fine..i brought her inside the House in the cage and i have no clue what else to do??? Please help!!!!!

7. TBJumper0514

TBJumper0514 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2011
    New Orleans, LA
    No, I think this is going to be intended for all of South LA!

8. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana

How old is Speckles? When was the last time she was wormed? What does her poo look like? Check for worms.

9. Roxanneinla

Mar 26, 2012
    Leesville Louisiana
    She isn't that old..just 6 months old..how do i check for worms??? What am i looking for? I was useing DE for worming..i thought that help with worms :/ mixed it with there pellets

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  10. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana

Check out the poo chart.
    http://pluckandfeather.com/chicken-poo-chart-graphic.html

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by