"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Sassymygirl, Apr 10, 2009.

1. PrimroseMom1

PrimroseMom1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm definately interested. I worry about their nutrition since they aren't really eating the Layena I'm giving them. I give them yogart, scratch, and fresh fruits and veggies everyday, but I wanted a good basic feed since they turn their beaks up to Layena. They only will eat the Layena when they are in the coop at night because that's all that's there.

2. AprilsFrizzles

AprilsFrizzles Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2012
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Sorry, I meant to quote Kuntrygirl with this on where I buy my Lone Star from. I don't think my coffee plans on kicking in today lol [​IMG]

3. PrimroseMom1

Apr 23, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Baton Rouge

4. AprilsFrizzles

Apr 3, 2012
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Did you have a bad experience with them?

5. PrimroseMom1

Apr 23, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The Petrus website said that Sac's Western in Gonzales, LA has Petrus feed. I was thinking of going there. There is another feed store, that is only feed on the Airline Highway in Baton Rouge, maybe I could ask them. I went there once when the girls were still on baby feed.

6. AprilsFrizzles

Apr 3, 2012
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    http://www.lonestarfeed.com/pdffiles/1275.pdf

Here's the link to the ingredients to the feed I use.

7. PrimroseMom1

Apr 23, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
  8. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana

No, it's just I have so many animals and I needed a one stop shop and they didn't have everything that I needed. I didn't want to have to go to 5 different stores to buy the feed I needed for my animals. TSC WAS the store where I could get just about everything that I needed but TOO many problems with the Tractor Supply in Opelousas, with one problem being MOLDED feed. So, I am switching to buying my feed at Petrus. Although it is an hour away, it will be worth the drive. They make their own feed, so I know it will be fresh and the ingredients healthy for all of my animals. I can get a feed that ALL of my animals can eat as well. TSC and the other stores didn't have an "All Stock". It was either this feed or this feed.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  9. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana

Try them out and see if your girls like it.

10. AprilsFrizzles

Apr 3, 2012
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Oh I see. At least you found a store that has everything you need and you know it's a good quality. I'd say it's well worth the drive!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by