"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Sassymygirl, Apr 10, 2009.

1. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    [​IMG] Glad you made it over -- I had just responded to your "welcome" post on the newbie forum!

TGIF everybody -- I got my Malcolm home today (my Cocker Spaniel who tore his ACL tendon) - he's been sleeping all day long but doing quite well - the vet who did his surgery has been doing some new things since a seminar she went to 6 months ago -- he has no splint or bandages- just stitches -- which will come out in one week, not two -- he is to start on small walks immediately - just after his surgery yesterday they put him in an ice pack for several hours & then some sort of circulating pack thing -- he seems a lot more alert than Winnie did when she had this same surgery last year, so - so far, so good!

Hope everybody has a great rest of the day! We got a chicken boiling down to make chicken & dumplings for supper here, & picking up pecans!

2. mzstre

mzstre Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2011
    near Baton Rouge, LA
    Oh, I'm very happy to hear he is doing ok! I was wondering who Mal was...didn't know he was your pup. Cocker Spaniels are so beautiful! What color is he?

3. catdaddyfro

catdaddyfro Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2009
    Vernon Parish
    chcickenbelle howdy[​IMG] and[​IMG]

Glad you found the La-yers thread you will find it enjoyable, somewhat different, and exciting all in one whack usually, LOL

I'd guess you are the closest to me that I know of here on the La-yers thread so howdy neighbor I'm just up the creek a bout seven miles i live right on the west bank of Anacooo creek just out east of Horntown bout 3.5 miles.

Terri I'm glad lil' pup is doing good and back home and you must be feeling much better too with you out picking up PEE-cans and such, LOL or maybe its just because it FRIDAY too(mind over matter type deal) [​IMG]

anyway,glad you posted up on here today was wondering about you and Mal. [​IMG]

Take it easy I got to go crawl back under my rock LOL

Jeff

4. PrimroseMom1

PrimroseMom1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    My heart goes out to you. My prayers, too.

5. PrimroseMom1

Apr 23, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Jeff, I am happy to report that my chicken isn't an "egg eater." The day she had yolk on her comb there was only one egg in the nest, but since then I have had one egg per chicken, so it must have been what you said about a soft egg that she ate.

6. Chickentalk

Chickentalk Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2012
    Folsom, LA

That's so interesting about your Malcolm's ACL surgery. My daughter in NC had her dog operated on about three weeks ago by a vet that only does ACL surgeries. It was the same for Libby, ice pack the first week, then heat packs and massage and no bandages. She takes limited walks but is doing well and loves the massage. This surgery seems to be more common now, but it was very expensive. Hope he continues to improve.

7. PrimroseMom1

Apr 23, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Todd Graves, owner of Cane's Chicken, often sponsors educational programs. You might try that.

8. catdaddyfro

catdaddyfro Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2009
    Vernon Parish
    Well that's good I hope that all continues A.O.K. on that part. [​IMG]

Jeff

9. MaddiWilliams

MaddiWilliams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    Elton, Louisiana
    Just finished submitting my request. Thanks for the suggestion!!

10. PrimroseMom1

Apr 23, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Had a possum in the neighborhood. First it was living in a neighbor's BBQue pit, then another neighbor'sBBQue pit, then mine. Ran it off with the "jet" setting of my water hose, then it moved to a neighbor's wood pile. Ran it off again. Finally, it began living in a jar on my back porch. I know these creatures can hurt my girls and my dog was waking me up barking every night when the creature would come out of the jar. It had knocked over the plant stand on top of the jar. So last night I put a cement stepping stone over the opening of the jar, but couldn't remove the plant stand without getting my hand too close to those teeth. So I duct taped the plant stand, stepping stone and jar all together and hauled that thing far far away to an open pasture and released it. I just couldn't shoot it. Here's my duct taped contrapcion. At least it's gone. Fortunately, I lock up my girls very predator proof at night and put away the food, but I figured it was just a matter of time before that thing hurt a hen, or dog or cat or granddaughter. Good bye, good ridence!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by