"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Sassymygirl, Apr 10, 2009.

1. jt farm

jt farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2012
    Evangeline, Louisiana
    HI and welcome over! [​IMG]

2. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Nice pics! Your boys are sure going to have nice-looking trains this year! I love the pic of Prince in the tree @ night.
    Turkeys are pretty, too! Would go nice w/a side of dressing & some cranberry sauce...

3. MaddiWilliams

MaddiWilliams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    Elton, Louisiana
  4. Sassymygirl

Sassymygirl Miss Equestrian

Sep 16, 2008
    Carencro, Louisiana
    Okay.
    Wow oh my God.
    I haven't been on here in forever! Sorry about that. I've just been really, really busy.
    And also, since it's been a while, how do I edit a post? I have a lot of people who want to be added to the list on the first page but I don't know how to edit it.
    They kinda changed it up while I was gone.
    Once again, sorry!

-Claire

5. MaddiWilliams

MaddiWilliams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    Elton, Louisiana
    Pencil in the bottom left of your post?

6. Sassymygirl

Sassymygirl Miss Equestrian

Sep 16, 2008
    Carencro, Louisiana
    I saw that, for my recent post though. It's not there for the original post. Hmmmm
    Thanks.

7. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Good morning La-yers. I hope everyone had a great weekend and that you all remembered to set your clocks. :frow

8. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana

Terri, how is Mal this morning. How did he do over the weekend?

9. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana

WOW!!! Good thing that you catch that bugger! :thumbsup

10. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana

Thanks Terri. I"m so excited about the boy's trains for 2013. They were fanning yesterday and I was speechless when I saw all of the colors and eyes. The bronze colors are AMAZING!!! I can't wait for next year and next year's hatching. How many girls will you have for next year's hatching Terri? What's your plan for hatching peas? I want to concentrate on peas, turkeys, guineas and geese next year. I'm tired of chicks but will order pullets for eggs for my customers. Let me know when you're ready for your Maran's eggs, so I can set up my breeding pens.

Speaking of turkeys, I plan on processing a few males. I'll let you know how the dressing and cranberry sauce went with the turkey. :drool

Terri, I was in your neck of the woods on Saturday. We went back to Petrus to get more feed. I finally got my shelves built for my feed storage house and put up to store feed. So we decided to track on back down to Petrus to load up on more feed. I think I"m good for about a month. I bought 20 bags of Game Bird Pellets, 10 bags of cracked corn and 3 bales of hay for the goat and sheep. I must say their cracked corn looks amazing. It has a BRIGHT yellow/orange color. I can tell the difference in the corn that I use to buy from TSC and the corn I bought from Petrus. Petrus is better hands down. The other feed store's cracked corn looks dull and has powder. There was no powder in Petrus cracked corn. I was VERY impressed. We had to wait about 1 1/2 hours for the gamebird feed because they were all out and they had just started making and mixing mroe game bird feed. The good thing about it was that we got THE freshest feed available on Saturday. I told them that I would give them a heads up next time and that I would call them before going there because of the large order that I will have from here on out. They said they would have my order ready and waiting for me next time. They also deliver here in Opelousas, so I may get on the delivery band wagon. I calculated my yearly savings to reflect my feed purchases at Tractor Supply and feed purchases at Petrus. I estimated that I will save around $2,000 a year from buying my feed at Petrus. :eek: :) Can't beat that at all.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by