"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Lucky you. Mine will slap the crap out of you if you get too close to them. I don't mess with them. I try to not even look at them.
hmm.png
hide.gif
See -- that's the way I would be about turkeys! I have never had a problem w/geese when I had them-- they loved me & I could even go & offer the females food & water when they were on the nest & they'd take it from me - and the males would be fine w/me being there also -- and Jim -- but let anybody else around & holy cow! they would just go crazy! We went to Wisconsin one time to visit Jim's folks & when we got back my Mom told me in no uncertain terms that I could find somebody else to take care of those *expletive deleted* geese- & my Mom never cusses!

I used to love to go out & call them & watch them run to me -- we had 3 acres fenced in (old horse pastures) they stayed in & I locked them in the old horse barn at night -- they would come running & some could fly 2-3 feet off the ground. Of course, I had raised all of them from day old goslings from Murray McMurray, so they were imprinted on me & Jim, so I guess that's why they were so tame.
I miss them. Someday when I have fenced in pastures again I'd like to have some more -- some Brown Chinese - I think they are so elegant! or else Cotton Patch geese. And I adore the "mini-geese" Holderread's had, too!

But you can keep those scary turkeys!
hide.gif
I wouldn't touch those suckers w/a 20 foot pole!

But you can keep those scary turkeys! I wouldn't touch those suckers w/a 20 foot pole!

That's how my husband feels about turkeys! When he was very little his dad had an awful Tom that always attacked him. When my FIL was around the turkey was an angel... but when he wasn't ... My FIL never would believe his sweet boy was as malicious as everyone said and kept sending the kids after eggs. My hubby is TERRIFIED of turkeys to this day.

Lucky you. Mine will slap the crap out of you if you get too close to them. I don't mess with them. I try to not even look at them. :/ :oops:

See -- that's the way I would be about turkeys! I have never had a problem w/geese when I had them-- they loved me & I could even go & offer the females food & water when they were on the nest & they'd take it from me - and the males would be fine w/me being there also -- and Jim -- but let anybody else around & holy cow! they would just go crazy! We went to Wisconsin one time to visit Jim's folks & when we got back my Mom told me in no uncertain terms that I could find somebody else to take care of those *expletive deleted* geese- & my Mom never cusses!

I used to love to go out & call them & watch them run to me -- we had 3 acres fenced in (old horse pastures) they stayed in & I locked them in the old horse barn at night -- they would come running & some could fly 2-3 feet off the ground.  Of course, I had raised all of them from day old goslings from Murray McMurray, so they were imprinted on me & Jim, so I guess that's why they were so tame.
I miss them. Someday when I have fenced in pastures again I'd like to have some more -- some Brown Chinese - I think they are so elegant! or else Cotton Patch geese. And I adore the "mini-geese" Holderread's had, too!

But you can keep those scary turkeys! :oops:  I wouldn't touch those suckers w/a 20 foot pole!

:yuckyuck
:lau :lau :lau :lau :lau :lau

But you can keep those scary turkeys! I wouldn't touch those suckers w/a 20 foot pole!

That's how my husband feels about turkeys! When he was very little his dad had an awful Tom that always attacked him. When my FIL was around the turkey was an angel... but when he wasn't ... My FIL never would believe his sweet boy was as malicious as everyone said and kept sending the kids after eggs. My hubby is TERRIFIED of turkeys to this day.

I LOVE my turkeys. They are the one of the favorite birds in the yard, next to the peas. They have so much personality and are so tame and SO NOSEY!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom