"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

TerriLaChicks, I think I replied to the wrong post! I was trying to respond to your purchase of a chick for a chick. I bought two chicks for my broody Dorothy who would not leave the empty nest box no matter what I did to deter her. The rest of the girls were quite amazed at how Dorothy managed to hatch two girls from an empty nest. She just said "I told you so" and proceeded to raise her adopted girls.

TerriLaChicks, I think I replied to the wrong post! I was trying to respond to your purchase of a chick for a chick. I bought two chicks for my broody Dorothy who would not leave the empty nest box no matter what I did to deter her. The rest of the girls were quite amazed at how Dorothy managed to hatch two girls from an empty nest. She just said "I told you so" and proceeded to raise her adopted girls.

lau.gif
welcome-byc.gif

TerriLaChicks, I think I replied to the wrong post!  I was trying to respond to your purchase of a chick for a chick.  I bought two chicks for my broody Dorothy who would not leave the empty nest box no matter what I did to deter her.  The rest of the girls were quite amazed at how Dorothy managed to hatch two girls from an empty nest.  She just said "I told you so" and proceeded to raise her adopted girls.

The problem with Terri's hen, I think, was she wanted to be broody, but she didn't want to be a Mom. Lol. Hummmm I've heard of humans that do that. Lol

There used to be bumper sticker stuck to the door of a shop I used to work at in Ark. It read: If Progress means; to move forward, what does Congress mean? huh?
wink.png

Jeff

Jim did good. He said he told the girl he wanted two Ameracauna chicks - little ones. She told him they were all the same age so all about the same size. He asked how old they were & she said they came in last Fri so about a week.

So our little Marans now has two chipmunk-colored seesters. They are all happy now. Jim said when he first put the two into the box, the Marans ran & hid behind the toy stuffed dog. They are all friends now. And I get the joy of caring for this trio for the next 5 months until they are old enough to transition into the big flock, which will be next March. (sigh)

The hen was not in the coop even but out running around w/the rest of the flock. Good. She'd better not get any more hair-brained ideas about brooding eggs when she doesn't have a clue what to do after they hatch!

welcome-byc.gif
Yep, mine forgot to read the book on motherhood. But that's OK, I did!

Back
Top Bottom