"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Opened my door, PORCH IS COVERED IN BLOOD! I mean it is dripped everywhere. I look around, it is my Clara! Sweetest hen I have... her longest toe, steadily dripping blood, and her exterior nail is hanging off. I have seen how much they bleed, and ya'll this is a lot of blood. Can't see how it has happened, and dont know if she will live.. but she is eating, and hoping around after I made her sit in a bucket for 3 hours in my washroom in the dark, so she wouldnt move around. I help it for over 20 minutes hoping to stop the blood.
THAT WAS MY FRIDAY......
Now, she is still weak, but alive. Wanted to go back out, so I let her. Seems healing, wary of others and quick movements from the Roos.... anyone ever had this injury happen before??
My horse stepped on one of my hens toes on accident, it was cut & broke I cleaned it put liquid bandage on it & taped it with duck tape. or in this case chicken tape. I kept her separated for a week her toe did heal crocket but she gets along great! Keeping it clean is the most important thing

My horse stepped on one of my hens toes on accident, it was cut & broke I cleaned it put liquid bandage on it & taped it with duck tape. or in this case chicken tape. I kept her separated for a week her toe did heal crocket but she gets along great! Keeping it clean is the most important thing
One time my sultan broke a feather on his foot and with his bright white feather it made the bleeding seem so much more dramatic.
Thanks I have 4 Barred Rocks, 3 Rhode Island Reds, 3 Black Australorps, 2 White Leghorns, 1 Buff Orpington, and 1 Easter Egger. Been getting around 3 eggs a day from 5 hens. My other pullets are 20 weeks old.What kinds of chickens do you have?

Haha..... uhm, Polish, Sultans, Seramas, Cochins, Japanese Bantams, Silkies, Appenzellar Spitzhauben, Frizzle, Columbian Rock, Crested Cream Legbars, Frizzle, Wyandottes, a BB Red Phoenix chick, EE's and I think that covers all of the breeds. A variety fun pack.
wink.png

Haven't tried the master green.  I will have to look for it next time.  I went to the Paromi website and found even more flavors I want to try!
The sleep with me is great!

Correction pallace Green, Just tried the sleep with me and it is great!! I've drank lost of tea brands even shopped at teavana. This is up there with the best I've had! next time you go to roberts buy the jamacan blue Mt. Its expensive but delish, I splurge twice a year.
if you like smooth coffee you will love it. Now I have to go check the wedsite out.

Hello, I am new here, sorry to here about your hen,I hope she gets well soon.Those pencils are called styptic pencils, they are antihemorrhagic-meaning that it stops bleeding. I don't know if is safe for chickens though. I saw this is for people from Louisiana. I live in Spearsville, near the Arkansas line. Just wanted to say hello to everybody!
:welcome

Primrose I ordered the worm factory. You had asked if I was buying red willigers and I said no I would go to bait shop or my yard. Well when I ordered they had a special price on the worms plus free shipping. So if you were asking because you wanted some let me know I can add more. Pam

One time my sultan broke a feather on his foot and with his bright white feather it made the bleeding seem so much more dramatic. 

Haha..... uhm, Polish, Sultans, Seramas, Cochins, Japanese Bantams, Silkies, Appenzellar Spitzhauben, Frizzle, Columbian Rock, Crested Cream Legbars, Frizzle, Wyandottes, a BB Red Phoenix chick, EE's and I think that covers all of the breeds. A variety fun pack. ;)  
Sorry forgot to quote you!

Back
Top Bottom