"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

My layers were Soooooo happy the CX are gone...even in this weather...today...I give them 50 more to play with
lau.gif

They mad now...real mad. Snubbed eggs.
hmm.png

That should answer the question of which came first - the chickens or the eggs?
lau.gif

Last edited:
I went home and walked around outside IN THE WARM WARM SUNSHINE!
cool.png

Then I let the chickens out. They were like "What?! Really"?!!!
and then they went "Whooo-Hoooo"!
yippiechickie.gif
& they RAN - they ran all over the back like they didn't know where they wanted to go first. I was walking back to the house & all these hens were passing me up, running & skipping & sliding around, so happy to be out!
D.gif

I also got a blue egg that I suspect is a double-yoker - that sucker must be almost 3 inches long! It's shaped like a torpedo. I wish I knew who laid it. I wish I had the nerve to incubate it. Chicken twins!
bun.gif

Hey, there's something strange outside -- big, bright yellow thing up in the sky! Could it be.......the SUN? :th

I don't know about that, but something really scary today. A dark moving object on the ground was following me everywhere I went outside. I stomped on it, but it was unfazed and just kept following me. I thought about calling 911.

As I type this, one of Angel's fresh chickens is baking in my oven. Yum!!! Looking real good. I got two. SO I called my daughter and asked her, "do you want a fresh, no chemicals, never frozen chicken that was processed a couple of days ago." She said "no". I thought I had heard wrong. I said, why not?? She asked,"does it have a head or feet or anything else that makes it look like a chicken?" No, it's even packaged with a label. "You would rather a Walmart chicken full of chemicals and antibiotics living half sick in squaller killed months ago and frozen?" So, she said she would try it. Hey, don't do me any favors, I am happy to keep this precious heathy fresh chicken. So, I gave it to her. Man!!!! That shocked me. My own daughter.

I hate this weather. The warm weather has come a day too late at my place.

One of my muscovy hens hatched her babies on yesterday morning while I was gone. She had made her nest in the same bush in front of the house that everyone uses every year. After they hatched, she brought them out in the rain and cold. They all froze to death. She hatched 12 of them. I am so sad and I know that she is as well. They dead bodies were by ro close to their usual spot at he chicken gate waiting on me to get home to open the gate. :hit

I hate this cold weather!!!

As I type this, one of Angel's fresh chickens is baking in my oven. Yum!!! Looking real good. I got two. SO I called my daughter and asked her, "do you want a fresh, no chemicals, never frozen chicken that was processed a couple of days ago." She said "no". I thought I had heard wrong. I said, why not?? She asked,"does it have a head or feet or anything else that makes it look like a chicken?" No, it's even packaged with a label. "You would rather a Walmart chicken full of chemicals and antibiotics living half sick in squaller killed months ago and frozen?" So, she said she would try it. Hey, don't do me any favors, I am happy to keep this precious heathy fresh chicken. So, I gave it to her. Man!!!! That shocked me. My own daughter.

Some people just don't know what they are missing until they try it. Wait until she does try it and can't go back to store bought. It's not just her, many people are disconnected from their food now.

Back
Top Bottom