"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Look what I found in the sheep pen when I got home from work. 1 mama down and 5 more to go. :/

They are both so beautiful. Have you seen Sheer Madness on channel 260 (National Geographic Wild)? It is a woman with a sheep ranch that does everything herself. She has other animals. But mostly sheep and makes money in fleece.

HELP! I have 7 buff orpington hens and was wondering is it safe to allow my new chicks to be in the same coop with them? They're not aggressive but have been a little curious as to what they are.

They will treat them as any new bird and try to establish the pecking order. This could kill the tiny chicks since they don't have a momma to protect them. Unless you have a mother hen I wouldn't risk it.

Looking to expand my flock with a few more hens. Dont have a brooder or the time to raise chicks. Did that twice and it was fun but time consuming. If anyone in the Lafayette/New Iberia area had some 6-8 weeks chicks or pullets for sale I would gladly buy a few. I'd like to get some Marans or EEs. Thanks in advance

If y
Looking to expand my flock with a few more hens. Dont have a brooder or the time to raise chicks. Did that twice and it was fun but time consuming. If anyone in the Lafayette/New Iberia area had some 6-8 weeks chicks or pullets for sale I would gladly buy a few. I'd like to get some Marans or EEs. Thanks in advance

If you have the patience to wait a couple of days you could order some pullets from murraymcmurray hatchery. I did and my chicks are happy and healthy. They even send extras depending on the distance.

If y
If you have the patience to wait a couple of days you could order some pullets from murraymcmurray hatchery. I did and my chicks are happy and healthy. They even send extras depending on the distance.

Sounds terrific. How many eggs a day do you get with the 25. Two roos sound good, not more than 3. (if you have a special you want to keep). I need to get out and burn also. Got my garden tilled but not swept up into rows yet. Daughter Brandi and BF are coming tomorrow (maybe
roll.png
) to help. He's not really reliable. but any help is appreciated. Keep up the good work.
ya.gif
I get 9-13 eggs a day course the puppy was caught as eating them... so not sure how exactly, 9-13 after he would stuff himself. So now that he is secured, we shall see. I just have to quit farting around and get to those curtains.... got so sidetracked today. tho tons got done. Just haven't been into my crafts lately...

OK NOW WAIT A MINUTE! Linda... whats with the AZURE STANDARD???? I had to google it, which yall know i love to do, but it seems it is that vege delivery/pick up thing??? One day, I am gonna want to jump in, if its okay... ??

They are both so beautiful. Have you seen Sheer Madness on channel 260 (National Geographic Wild)? It is a woman with a sheep ranch that does everything herself. She has other animals. But mostly sheep and makes money in fleece.
LOVE THE BABIES!!! Nice pictures... I havent seen the show, but will try to catch a few... wanna see what she does with that fleece!

Lovely pictures from an incredibly productive nature loving lady, thank you for sharing! Lovely Bengal cat too
wink.png
We went to black bayou and caught nothing but the sunset it was awesome haven't been fishing in years because I could never find the time. It was soul food!
We went to Dorcheat, one of our favorites hidden spots is there, but we didnt catch either.... anything, and we fish a LOT, and really hope they start up again! I used to take my kids swimming on Black Bayou... nice view out there. Real nice view.

Look what I found in the sheep pen when I got home from work. 1 mama down and 5 more to go. :/

Oh, I just love all the baby pictures everyone has been posting!!!
1f604.png

Big thanks to Mzstre   (Brandy) for your good work in running down a local source for a drop off for Azure Standard.  Bossier no less. 20 Min for me. Here's to  Brandy     :ya  

I hope you like the company as much as I do. I also hope that drop location runs as smoothly as the one I use. It's like a well-oiled machine. :)

I get 9-13 eggs a day    course the puppy was caught as eating them... so not sure how exactly,  9-13 after he would stuff himself.  So now that he is secured, we shall see.  I just have to quit farting around and get to those curtains....  got so sidetracked today. tho tons got done. Just haven't been into my crafts lately...

OK NOW WAIT A MINUTE!  Linda...  whats with the AZURE STANDARD????  I had to google it, which yall know i love to do, but it seems it is that vege delivery/pick up thing???  One day, I am gonna want to jump in, if its okay...  ??

I order every month from Azure Standard! They carry about 9,000 items. I order everything from my chicken feed to beef jerkey and healthy snacks for the kids.

I have done hatchery chicks before, but I am looking for 6-8 week old chicks or pullets, so I can get them outside with the flock quicker. I will check McMurray for pullets to see if they ship them but I haven't seen that before. I have bought at Joyce's in St. Martinville, but I have to pick from what she has on site. Just lookin for other options. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom