"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Yes. Totally dwarfed by the chicken nuggets that are the same age. I got 2 of the Golden lace polish out of pure self indulgence!
big_smile.png
I just think they are so pretty! We used to have the white crested black polish many years ago. They were really great hens too. The crests are SO FUNNY right now. Reminds me of Mary
wink.png

My two golden laced polish are some of our favorites. Stinker and RootinTootin (Tootie) are great. It took a while for them to start laying. Stinker's first egg was eggbound. THAT was a first for me. She and I will never look at each other the same way again! Since they've started laying, I get an egg from each of them every day. Stinker lays the biggest egg out of all of my chickens!!! (She's the smallest). It's a HUGE egg! Tootie lays a smaller cream/off white egg.

My two golden laced polish are some of our favorites. Stinker and RootinTootin (Tootie) are great. It took a while for them to start laying. Stinker's first egg was eggbound. THAT was a first for me. She and I will never look at each other the same way again! Since they've started laying, I get an egg from each of them every day. Stinker lays the biggest egg out of all of my chickens!!! (She's the smallest). It's a HUGE egg! Tootie lays a smaller cream/off white egg.
Aw! Its so crazy how they become like family, huh?

kuntry, how much did the birds that you butchered end up weighing?

There must have been some mix up because mine are 4 weeks and already 1.75 - 2+ lbs.

The ones you cleaned look yummy!  I have no chicken left in my freezer.......so I will be ready to get some put back up in there when these I have are ready to harvest.

From what I have come to know and understand is that these broilers are the SLOW growing broilers. :/ These will take longer to get the size of those that get to weight at 8 weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if it would take these 12 weeks to get to weight.

Live Weight AND Dressed Weight of the 4 that I processed Saturday.
4.43 lbs - 3.65 lbs
4.27 lbs - 3.47 lbs
3.87 lbs - 3.16 lbs
3.79 lbs - 2.98 lbs

I totally understand. I"m not a hugger either. I don't like touching people. :oops: And I don't like people touching me. :oops: And I don't like the little "nick names" that come with being a "Southerner". Call me by my name or don't say anything to me. My parents didn't take 9 months to find the perfect name for me so that you can call me, "Baby", "Boo", "Hun", "Bae", "Sweetie", "Love" or whatever else you're use to calling others. I could rip my eyeballs out when people call me those names. I CAN'T STAND IT !!!!!!! :barnie

I totally understand. I"m not a hugger either. I don't like touching people. :oops: And I don't like people touching me. :oops: And I don't like the little "nick names" that come with being a "Southerner". Call me by my name or don't say anything to me. My parents didn't take 9 months to find the perfect name for me so that you can call me, "Baby", "Boo", "Hun", "Bae", "Sweetie", "Love" or whatever else you're use to calling others. I could rip my eyeballs out when people call me those names. I CAN'T STAND IT !!!!!!! :barnie

Ahhhh...Suuuuggggaaarrrrr....bless ya heart!  :lau    :oops:    :th  (Just tazed)...LOL...

NOT FUNNY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :duc

Wow a lot to catch up on!

I have an olive egger!! whooo-hooo!!!
wee.gif
It's one of the EE chicks I got from Petrus last fall - they both just started laying this week. The other one lays a pretty mint green egg but this one is so dark that Jim took a red marker & put a red dot like a pimento on it, lol!! It looks just like a big olive!

Wow a lot to catch up on!

I have an olive egger!! whooo-hooo!!!
wee.gif
It's one of the EE chicks I got from Petrus last fall - they both just started laying this week. The other one lays a pretty mint green egg but this one is so dark that Jim took a red marker & put a red dot like a pimento on it, lol!! It looks just like a big olive!
I ovate you!!! (Over my limit again
barnie.gif
) I'm so excited for you. I would LOVE an olive egger!!

Back
Top Bottom