"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Anyone know where I can find peas? (The bird.. Not vegetable
smile.png
)

This is kuntrygirl's farm page, scroll down for prices:
http://happyacresfarm.webs.com/
She is NPIP certified and we call her fertile acres for a reason. All of her animals are well cared for and just about every time she gets home from work another clutch has been hatched out by a broody.

Thanks. I'm familiar with her. I was hoping she would see this and respond. I will shoot her a message. I thought her and Terri had them but remember Terri saying she got rid of hers (?)

Thanks. I'm familiar with her. I was hoping she would see this and respond. I will shoot her a message. I thought her and Terri had them but remember Terri saying she got rid of hers (?)

Yes, Terri downsized and got rid of them. Kuntry stays busy but she will respond when she gets on. PM is probably your best bet so she can give you all the details.

I am new to the chicken game. Not gonna start till Fall when I return from NY. I get back early Aug. Coop and run will be built by then. I plan to get only 2-3 hens. Should I just get hens and not chicks? If I get hens, is there a best place? I am looking at getting Australorps. Is this a good breed for our climate? Advice is desired.

I am new to the chicken game. Not gonna start till Fall when I return from NY. I get back early Aug. Coop and run will be built by then. I plan to get only 2-3 hens. Should I just get hens and not chicks? If I get hens, is there a best place? I am looking at getting Australorps. Is this a good breed for our climate? Advice is desired.

Hey nstoulig,
welcome-byc.gif
One thing about it, you've got time to look around and research the best options for you. I'm not sure about s. La so I'll let someone else chime in on that.

im planting collards next to my pens so i can just pick and throw over in the pen for em
They love collards. A couple of years ago I had my usual 5/6 different varieties of greens planted in my garden they found the collards and ate ever one of them down to the ground they touched nothing else 'till all those were gone.

I now plant them their own garden/food plot which, includes lots of collards along with other greens so they stay outta mine and other's supper greens.

Jeff

Australorps will do you well and if you get pullet chicks in early fall they will be coming into lay(POL 20-22 wks) by mid spring right on time.

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom