"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

I've got a friend who needs to offload some roos in a hurry. Some hatchery RIRs, and some wyandotte mixes. I'm going to list them on fb when I get pics and prices, but thought I'd mention them here first. Just in case anyone needs a yard roo, or something to watch over the laying flock.

Hey Ya'll TSC has Cornish Cross chicks. I'm thinking about getting some to throw in with my 11/2 week old Biele chicks. Do ya'll think this is ok to do? I think they're from ideal hatchery.

Hey Ya'll TSC has Cornish Cross chicks. I'm thinking about getting some to throw in with my 11/2 week old Biele chicks. Do ya'll think this is ok to do? I think they're from ideal hatchery.

Talk to christina at southern pastures in baton rouge.She raises them. They are prone to a lot of health issues. She has done it with fermented feed and free range. I'm going with heritage meat breeds. Pam

Hi Cody, Imo, maybe for a week or 2, but they will accidently crush anything that stands betwren them and food! Lol! Seriously if you ration food to try to reach "roaster" size at 15 weeks on 22% they weight in at 10,to 11 lbs dressed. And much like the zombies on the walking dead "need to feed" Its kinda like they grow in 15 weeks what would take some heritage breeds a year or more to attain. Thats what we experieced also time of year is critical the bigger they are the less tolerant of heat. You wouldnt want them at 15 weeks in August if you could help it lol :)

Thank you Kitty and Pam, I was thinking of getting about 15-20 birds to just try them out. To have a little extra meat in the freezer before it's time to process the Bieles I have. I figured they would be ready before it gets too hot. It's so tempting......might have to get some today
droolin.gif

Last edited:
Day 7 on my big hatch; one clear out of 50. I'm really surprised. Good to know my roo is getting the job done, and the EE/OE eggs I bought were worth the $10.

All the air cells looked good, except one FBMC egg I had upside down in the turner. I've got it on its side now. Think it will correct itself?

^That's great Camping. Your gonna have your hands full if it keeps going well :)

Kitty, I picked up 15 of the CX today. They're about a week old now. They are some lively little chicks. Very active they're all over the brooder. Moved in quick and the Biele chicks are wondering who these strange alien things are that took over their house.

Back
Top Bottom