"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

I'm not officially in BR, but I work here and live in WBR.
smile.png
. Let me know what y'all figure out. It wouldn't be a bad idea to list the group on Meet-up.
Of course! Good things (successful and fun things) are inclusive, not exclusive. You would make it better!!
thumbsup.gif
I'm excited about having a way to get to know the BYCers. Most of the swaps, at least the ones I know about, have been pretty far away from BR.

Last edited:
Here are some pics of the sand that was placed in the chicken yard, chicken stalls, pea pen and a few other places in the yard. This is some of the yard work that I did while on vacation.

Nice! It looks like it snowed! LOL Does it work by the errr....poop washing through the sand and sinking below the sand? I use river rock and that's exactly what happens, the poop washes through and the rock stays pretty clean. And, no odor...don't know why, but it's true.
idunno.gif

Hi all I and my wife are looking for brown egg laying dual purpose breeds. We want to diversify our flock. Oh I like the idea BRAUCK it could be fun !

I am in City of Central, and I am looking for better than hatchery grade chicks or eggs in La. Oh and hey to every one one this thread!

welcome-byc.gif
and howdy to you and I know three or four more of you guys that have joined in to the La-yers coop here in the past few days.

brojrm Chris Herzog lives in Covington and he has better than hatchery grade breeds so contact PM him and there's a few others in your proximity that have good stuff too look around here they are probly 5 or so right off that are regular visitors here that could help you I'm sure. I have some but I'm a few miles west of you in Vernon parish so it would be a longer road trip for you to come here.

Oh and hey
frow.gif
and howdy doody to all the rest of ya'll La-yers and BYCers too, LOL

Jeff

Nice work kuntrygirl, looks good. I too have been cleaning out the henhouses and putting the "good stuff" on the garden spots and replacing it with sawdust. I have a neighbor just down the road a piece that has a sawmill and can get all I want for nothing but the "pure Dee" cost of backaching LABOR LOL

Jeff

Hey La-yers - what do you use in our climate to treat the lawn and yards for fleas? I have dogs so aleay use pet-safe products but not sure if there's something special I should use for or avoid with the addition of chickens to the family. Thanks!

Just went by TSC for some more feed. The poor chicks there are growing old. about the same age as mine. They don't look so "cute and fluffy" anymore. Hope they sell. Of course, there were ducks in the "assorted bantams" container, and the RIR sign was on what looked like White Leghorns.

I'm not about to go get more though. To worried about the coop. I think our run will be 96' by 30'.

I haven't mentioned this to my mom, but isn't the rule 10 sq ft per bird.
wee.gif
LOL

Jking of course

Last edited:
Chickens not required, just love of them, intrest in them, and desire to have some, at least that's what I would think. Go for it and let us know so we can sign up. And, yes, the name is super!!
wee.gif
Well, I looked into it. Unfortunately, there is a $72 start up fee. Normally, I wouldn't care, but being that I am currently unemployed at the moment and have to drop a $500 deductible for my car on Tuesday due to the hit and run...
he.gif
... it may have to wait a bit. LOL.

Though if anyone wants to meet-up and head to the show in Jennings next month, I'd be up for that. I think it's about 2 hours away. I would love to go see some nice birds.
smile.png

Just went by TSC for some more feed. The poor chicks there are growing old. about the same age as mine. They don't look so "cute and fluffy" anymore. Hope they sell. Of course, there were ducks in the "assorted bantams" container, and the RIR sign was on what looked like White Leghorns.

I'm not about to go get more though. To worried about the coop. I think our run will be 96' by 30'.

I haven't mentioned this to my mom, but isn't the rule 10 sq ft per bird.
wee.gif
LOL

Jking of course
I think you might be right!! And don't forget it needs a lawn chair and side table so you can sit in there and monitor their health and stuff. That's important!

Hey ya'll,.. just popped in to let those that are looking for organic feed know that I just spoke with Brandy at Okeefe's Feed and Seed in Covington and she says they are seriously looking into getting some in the store and to check back soon. Give her a call and let her know that you would be a potential customer!
wee.gif

Loving this weather!

Terri Ann,.. those Wellies of our's are laying pretty
dark, reddish brown, speckled eggs,.. and lots of them! Have your's started laying yet?

Back
Top Bottom