"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

You might also consider the chicken swap in Hammond right off of I-12. They have it the first Sunday of every month starting around 9am. It's at the flea market. We got our Calico Cochins there along with a Marans.

That's funny, we spent the day out there with friends.  Lots of fun.

At my place ?

Nice on the free ranging peas Julie 

I know quite a few people with favorelles and serama bugglesmommy but not in La can get you some links if you want though

Thanks Mike. It's a daily task to interact with them, talk to them and touch them so that they remain tame and not fly off. They didn't even venture off into the "human" yard. They stayed in the chicken yard but then again they have about 3/4 of an acre as far as the chicken yard to roam around. They have trees to fly up on branches and buildings as well.

Good morning. Hope that everyone had a great 4th on yesterday. Nothing much going on here. Had a rowdy group of animals yesterday but what's new. I had to take this pic when I saw it. I also recorded it but will have to try to attach it.

Guess who won this fight? 1 year old pea hen or 2 month old chick?

Instead of Princess being a good pea like the other trio, she had to venture off and pick a fight.

I must say that the adolescent peas are very good at not flying off or running away. Princess is the only one that will venture off but that's because she is nosey. They all did a good job free ranging with all of the rest of the animals. No problems herding them back in to their pea pen.

Based on the body language/stance, I'm betting on the chicken.

Good news Primrose is not pecking people in response to "corrections". When she dares to peck now she gets the correction and backs off. It had gotten really bad drawing blood daily.

Okay guys now I'm in search of a frizzled bantam cochin baby girl. Somewhere so I don't have to travel more than an hour.

Gracie (Gracie9205 )in the Lake Charles area got some frizzled/sizzled something anothers from Chris H contact her and see if she has what you want/need probly gonna have to venture further than an hour anywhere in La.(we're in a geologically odd location like on Oh Brother where art thou, two weeks from everywhere it seems sometimes,LOL) to get chicken related stuffs, esp. oddities like frizzled Cochin bantam J/S

Good luck in your 'ventures

Jeff

Last edited:
Mike and Terri (and anyone else who has peas) , are your peas still laying? I want mine to stop!!!! I have had enough pea eggs for this season.

I posted this information in the pea section but will post here as well.

STATS OF 2013 PEA EGG INCUBATING AND HATCHING.
Cycle # 1- Laid 4 eggs. Incubated all 4 eggs. 3 eggs hatched. 1 egg did not hatch but the pea was fully developed. Not sure what happened.

Cycle #2 - Laid 10 eggs. Sold all 10 eggs to a customer. Buyer contacted me and told me that 9 eggs were fertile and 1 was not. All 9 peas were fully formed but did not hatch. Buyer has no idea what happened to the 9 pea chicks that didn't hurt. I was SOOOO HURT! What a huge loss. I should have kept my eggs and hatched them myself. :mad: :barnie :smack

Cycle #3 - Laid 4 eggs. Eggs are in the incubator right now. Lockdown is Sunday. Hatch day is Wednesday of next week.

Cycle #4 - Laid 8 eggs so far. I may put them in the incubator if I don't sell them. Kinda leaning towards not selling them because of the buyer who had a batch hatch. :/ I may hatch the eggs and sell the babies to responsible owners who can keep them alive.

Gracie (Gracie9205 )in the Lake Charles area got some frizzled/sizzled something anothers from Chris H contact her and see if she has what you want/need probly gonna have to venture further than an hour anywhere in La.(we're in a geologically odd location like on Oh Brother where art thou, two weeks from everywhere it seems sometimes,LOL) to get chicken related stuffs, esp. oddities like frizzled Cochin bantam J/S

Good luck in your 'ventures

Jeff
I know, I was just dreaming that we all could just travel a hop skip and jump. LOL. Hmmmmm it would be nice though!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom