"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

My female GSD just earned her keep. Killed her first possum! I'm so proud.

clap.gif
Great news!!

Pretty eggs!  Love the colors.  The dark brown eggs are such a rich color.

We had a banner production day today...5 eggs!  One of wich was green!
:celebrate   I'm a dork!  Not to take away from the rest of my crew, but ohhhhh...the greeeeennnnnnn!!!!!  Wait till I get my first blue egg!:oops:
That's a beautiful kaleidoscope of eggs!! My girls deliver all the same colors and BLUE! You'll love the blue if you haven't already!!

I think I just figured out what stalled egg production here. I noticed a few extra feathers in the yard yesterday and today one of my girls has not more long tail feathers. Some of them must be starting to molt. The only thing that has me puzzled is that they won't be a year old til Dec 5th. Is this normal or possible?

I think I just figured out what stalled egg production here. I noticed a few extra feathers in the yard yesterday and today one of my girls has not more long tail feathers. Some of them must be starting to molt. The only thing that has me puzzled is that they won't be a year old til Dec 5th. Is this normal or possible?

Yes - normal & possible. I have several starting to molt now.

Good morning La-yers! Heard a rumour it’s supposed to be highs in the 70s by Sunday! I hope that’s true!

Gorgeous eggs! – I have a pic almost identical to that I took a couple years ago. They’re almost too pretty to eat!

Congratulations on the possum kill!

And Happy Hump Day!

The two little Easter Eggers Jim bought from Petrus fit right in w/my long Marans chick – all 3 are happy. So I’m happy too. Didn’t get time to take pics last night as I was on a writing deadline but maybe I’ll get a chance tonight. I forgot how cute chicks are at that age!

Your egg arrangement reminds me of looking threw a kaleidoscope. Glad I had a lot of work to do I couldn't read all the post till later the dysfunction of the gov. is one of my pet peeves.
Hello an welcome to the new eggs.

My female GSD just earned her keep. Killed her first possum! I'm so proud.

That's a beautiful kaleidoscope of eggs!! My girls deliver all the same colors and BLUE! You'll love the blue if you haven't already!!

My Amercaunas are 5 months old and everyday I look for their first eggs. My heart so much wants blue or green. I really hope they don't lay cream. I know I will cry if they are cream. Really. I would get over it, but it would take a while. Lol

My Amercaunas are 5 months old and everyday I look for their first eggs. My heart so much wants blue or green. I really hope they don't lay cream. I know I will cry if they are cream. Really. I would get over it, but it would take a while. Lol

Ya you would get over it eventually, lol. But that's why I try to have 2 EE in my flock, just in case one decides to be a cream egger. I have had 2 in about 10 hens lay cream eggs. That's over about a 10year period though. I'm sure they try to breed towards thegreencolor. These hens that I have I believe came from ideal. They are actually nice big healthy hens this year. Bigger actually than any of the other hens that are the same age. And they are both laying green...........SO THINK GREEN THOUGHTS!!!

Back
Top Bottom