"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Good morning peeps. I hope that everyone had a great weekend. I put the broilers out this weekend. Oh what fun that was.

I had a little guy come over to help me with the work in the chicken yard. What an experience that was. I wish I could find someone who wants to work and someone who can actually do the things that I need for them to work. If I could clone me, I would love that. And the search is on and I continue to look for a worker. :(

Have you thought about checking with LSU or one of the local high schools?  I know many ag or vet students look for things.  Also, many high schools private (maybe public) require service hours.

I have tried that. It took the High School teacher months to finally get back with me. When he finally did, he was supposed to send a student out one weekend and they never showed. I'm so done with that.

After working with this little guy, I don't think a student can do this job. This is an adult's job. It's too strenuous and it requires strength and endurance. A kid can't do this.

I have tried that. It took the High School teacher months to finally get back with me. When he finally did, he was supposed to send a student out one weekend and they never showed. I'm so done with that.

After working with this little guy, I don't think a student can do this job. This is an adult's job. It's too strenuous and it requires strength and endurance. A kid can't do this.

It's so hard to find good hard workers. But when you do, I know you'll hold on tight. I'm sad about the rooster you sold. You're so careful about who you sell to. You just couldn't do more than you do.

Is it just me or are there blue squares with white birds everywhere on BYC?
hide.gif

I sold a rooster this weekend to someone and the rooster got loose when he got it home and within 24 hours the rooster was killed. I am so upset. :mad:
I am in sympathy with you. I gave my Basil, a Black Copper Marrans I hatched to someone I know that wanted a nice rooster. As soon as he introduced him went over the wall. On the other side 3 dogs over 100# each. I was worried about the introduction of just one chicken. I gave the other one to another friend (30+ years exp.), she put him in the chicken house at night. Then kept him pinned up in sight of her girls for a few days so he couldn't take off.

Last edited:
Saturday, February 8, 2014
  • MY8128-Z6ed.png

10:00am until 2:00pm
  • CkUsr6b1mSA.png

Tractor Supply Center (TSC) of Denham Springs, 246 Florida Avenue SE, Denham Springs, Louisiana
  • K6_TY47YS3x.png

Tractor Supply Center (TSC) of Denham Springs Poultry Swap at the store located at 246 Florida Avenue SE, Denham Springs, Louisiana . The first swap will be held on Saturday, February 8, 2014 and every 2nd Saturday of each month thereafter. The hours of the swap will be from 10:00 am until 2:00 pm (setup @ 9:30am).

Bring all of your farm related animals or products out to sell (sorry NO dogs or cats).

There will be NO TOLERANCE for any unprofessional, unsportsmanship-like, profanity or conflict activities... of any type. Any problems with any participants whatsoever, and you will be asked to leave the property immediately by the management of the TSC.

The TSC will provide banners that will be hung at the road entrance, signs that will be displayed in the store prior to the day of the event, and discount coupons towards animal feed the day of each event. This is a GREAT opportunity to make this a "win-win" event for everyone involved, so lets all work together and make this a cherished and respected event.

Saturday, February 8, 2014
  • MY8128-Z6ed.png

10:00am until 2:00pm
  • CkUsr6b1mSA.png

Tractor Supply Center (TSC) of Denham Springs, 246 Florida Avenue SE, Denham Springs, Louisiana
  • K6_TY47YS3x.png

Tractor Supply Center (TSC) of Denham Springs Poultry Swap at the store located at 246 Florida Avenue SE, Denham Springs, Louisiana . The first swap will be held on Saturday, February 8, 2014 and every 2nd Saturday of each month thereafter. The hours of the swap will be from 10:00 am until 2:00 pm (setup @ 9:30am).

Bring all of your farm related animals or products out to sell (sorry NO dogs or cats).

There will be NO TOLERANCE for any unprofessional, unsportsmanship-like, profanity or conflict activities... of any type. Any problems with any participants whatsoever, and you will be asked to leave the property immediately by the management of the TSC.

The TSC will provide banners that will be hung at the road entrance, signs that will be displayed in the store prior to the day of the event, and discount coupons towards animal feed the day of each event. This is a GREAT opportunity to make this a "win-win" event for everyone involved, so lets all work together and make this a cherished and respected event.
Why can't we have something like this up at the northern part of La. NW maybe Shreveport. Just wait folks. We're acoming.
tongue2.gif

Back
Top Bottom