"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

[COLOR=0000CD]OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/COLOR]
[COLOR=0000CD]My Boston Terrier, Molly, just tried to get my chicks to nurse??!!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!??!!??!!?!?!?!?![/COLOR]
:idunno :idunno    :idunno :idunno
[COLOR=000000]Brought them in the living room so I could clean out the brooder and let 'daddy' see our new color patterns on em all, and Molly laid down, and scooted them with her paws, actually quite gently, in the direction of her nips! They snuggled there, and she is laying there waiting, every so often scooting on them to entice I guess....  [/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000]MY DOG NEEDS THERAPY?   Well that answers my question if she was ready for a litter this summer.   WTH????[/COLOR]

Your dog was feeling broody!!Lol

Thanks, but it didn't come from Williams Sonoma. I found this at urban coop company. I've been happy with it.
We really like it! Its very cute
smile.png

Good morning to all you LAyers!

With the change in direction and goals of our chicken flock as well as this new building project for them there have been many, many small points that need to be researched to find the best ways that will work for us. We are being flexible and even after we find a "solution" that we like, we still keep an open mind just in case we find something that would work better. Case in point. We want to grow a GARDEN in each run for our chickens (4+ possibilities for coop separation). There may be times when they cannot be out and I would like them to have that food source that will add vitamins and protein to their diet.

So that leaves SEEDS and

GARDEN STRUCTURE

I know we have discussed seeds here a few times. I have also found some sources myself or read about them other places. BUT I have been reading a thread here on byc and happened upon a post that mentioned a seed mix brand that is available at TSC. Since I hadn't put in an order on the internet yet, and I happened to be going to TSC I looked to see if they had any of those mixes. I found one that is suitable and a good price for the weight of seed. Now I am glad that I didn't order online. For me local is better. This is the brand of seed mixes http://plotspike.com/index.htm

So for the structure of administering the greens we did have a plan. A wooden frame with enough support through the center that they wouldn't bend it down to the ground. But last night we happened upon this........
which is a WAY better plan!!! I like that I could lift and secure it if I want to clean and reseed the space. I love the sturdy wire for strength and then the second layer of chicken wire for keeping the chickens away from the roots. Our previous plan was CRAP compared to this one
big_smile.png

Hope you all have a great day!

Our rabbit that kindled yesterday....I counted babies today. I saw her have six and had to go to work. Thought maybe 7 in all...ELEVEN. 11. :th poor girl!

And another doe we have is doing crazy decorating I think she'll have babies today!

Back
Top Bottom