"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

I have not tried lol grandma's were a bit grainy after a long freeze, that would explain why. I dehydrate them and store in the cupboard when we have excess or trade them with others who have excess of different veggies.
I wonder if twice baked potatoes would freeze?  I always wonder if I freeze mashed potatoes if they will kind of separate and get watery.  Have you frozen mashed before?

I just grabbed and planted these.......not really a well thought out plan on this one, hahaha!!!  As you say, we will see!  My poor hubby if they don't do well.  He SO wants a big pile of potatoes this year.

Last evening I finally was able to sneak some pictures of my Golden Laced Polish pullets. They are so cute. Still flighty, but slowly improving.

My youngest has named these girls "Lunar" and "Eclipse"
wink.png

Preening.......

This girl! Trying to blow my cover while I was sneaking pictures from behind the rosebush. She is always begging for mealworms.

Just chilling......

I love it!

Right after this picture I got too close and she spotted me. Immediately bolted. One thing I absolutely love about these girls is the sweet trilling, cooing sounds they make when they are settling down to sleep at night. So sweet!

Last edited:
We're all doing that. Do you have one that doesn't have injuries on its comb? If so that's the one inflicting the pecked combs. They are young and still trying to figure out rank.

The austrolorp and EE are without injury. The Orpington, BR and cinnamon queen all are pecked.

:lau :gig this is soooo funny. My EE and my black australorp are the oldest and meanest in my flock. And they act as co head hens. I'm sure they are your head honchos. Go get blue cote if you don't have it use gloves it stains treat them so they don't make it worse chickens are attracted to red and will keep pecking. The blue cote will change the color. Pam

Lemon you could make hash brown casserole like the one at craker barrel freeze it and when you have a day when you don't feel your best heat and eat.

Back
Top Bottom