"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Found more evidence at the base of the regular Elberta :eek: The lumpy area right against the trunk.....its that amber ooze with dirt stuck to it. It easily lifted away. Looks like its mixed with sawdust. There is more of this on the other side of the trunk. I like to garden in a way that is low maintenance. So finding this (while not shocking) makes me seriously rethink having these trees. I like peaches and all. But if these bugs don't cooperate I will find something else that we like, that has less or less time consuming pests. I hear bananas have a minimum of pests.......??????? I have a couple of gorgeous ones that I traded Angel for and they are doing just dandy. Sooo........depending on what happens they may get to trade with a peach.
My uncle worked at LSU's Idelwild experiment station where they worked with peach trees. They produced lovely peaches, but that was a long time ago so they probably were covered in deadly poison. Peaches can be challenging. After two tries and lots of work I pulled them out and put in blackberries. The suggestion to call LSU is a good one. Bananas are good. They are also invasive, kind of like bamboo, but they produce fruit.

Just wanted to add a couple pics of the chicks

One of the silver laces

The blue lace too, checking me out

One more of Tony, the blue laced roo

Rotten day.

I have resorted to the TENS machine and Party Favorites Songs on the MC channel to stave of boredom. HAVE to get this body to cooperate at some point!

Might have broody baby chicks hatching starting late tonight.....or tomorrow.

Today is day 10 and my little and I are supposed to re weigh dose the chickens that are getting their worming treatment. Then its another 14 days we throw out eggs. We are going to run out of eggs SOON
sad.png
I am hoping that one of the younger pullets will start laying. One in particular, a White Plymouth Rock is squatting REALLY well now.......soon, soon.

Rough day here too, I got some goodies from the garden tho and clipped the 2 New garage chickens wings they thought they were eagles and a late night snack that glows in the dark for owls here when they roost so high I can't bring them in :th. I think they're white rocks. They better lay somethin :th my luck they're both roos!

Rough day here too, I got some goodies from the garden tho and clipped the 2 New garage chickens wings they thought they were eagles and a late night snack that glows in the dark for owls here when they roost so high I can't bring them in
th.gif
. I think they're white rocks. They better lay somethin
th.gif
my luck they're both roos!

I had no idea that white rocks like to roost in trees. I have 4 of them. Penned up of course but good to know that I can't let out.

Back
Top Bottom