"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

I feel sorry for one of my new layers, she laid this humongus egg today, i dont have scales to weight it, guess i could get in my truck and drive offer traffic scales to see how much it weighs,:eek: The other 2 are large eggs, we are getting 5 or 6 like the one in the middle every day, This is one of my rescue chicks, he deicide to start crowing yesterday, he crowed for 10 minutes, he is going to be a handsome man one day, i think he will be for sale.
That might be a double yolker! Your Roo looks like Easter egger or amercauna. Pam.

I've been a chicken wrangler for one month yesterday, and also lost my first girl yesterday.

I was out of town last night til nearly 2 a.m. and our babysitter also took care of the chickens and pups. This morning I whipped up a special breakfast for the girls and realized I was one short. I found her body in the front yard. :(

I'm pretty sad, but the chicken sitter is taking it really hard, bawling her eyes out.

I've been a chicken wrangler for one month yesterday, and also lost my first girl yesterday.
I was out of town last night til nearly 2 a.m. and our babysitter also took care of the chickens and pups. This morning I whipped up a special breakfast for the girls and realized I was one short. I found her body in the front yard.
sad.png

I'm pretty sad, but the chicken sitter is taking it really hard, bawling her eyes out.

Aww, that's so sad. I feel bad for all y'all! I'm sure the sitter is sick that she died on her watch.

wee.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
I had some really, really good news yesterday. I have been looking for good White Plymouth Rocks and my buddy bigjohn 752000 from Minden does raise very good White Rocks. He bought a cock 6 mo ago (Blosi) and some hatching eggs (jwip) from BYC and has been hatching and selling. Today I'm getting one Blosi hen and 4 Jwip pullets and a cockerel. This will put me in the business for La hatching eggs. (next year) These are two of the best breeders ever. Jwip is Jeremy Woepel and owns XW Poultry Ranch. Award winning stock.. Grown birds sell for $30 to $50 ea and I paid on the lower end. He gave me a bargain. I traded one of the hens for my two Delawares and a m/f set of super blue egg layers.
I'm also going to put the rest of the birds on the market 6 Golden Comets and 4 hatchery White Rocks $15 ea. Buy 4 and get one free. The little 3 1/2 mo old super blue egg layers are $10 pullet and $5 for smaller pullets and cockerels (2 1/2 mo). The males throw the blue egg gene. Putting on CL tonight. I feed my bird fermented feed and they are so very healthy.
thumbsup.gif

I was out of town last night til nearly 2 a.m. and our babysitter also took care of the chickens and pups. This morning I whipped up a special breakfast for the girls and realized I was one short. I found her body in the front yard. :(

It's always so sad!!! I'm sorry for the loss and the trauma.
1f622.png

WE ARE HAVING A CHICKEN SHOW IN NOV IN HAYNESVILLE LA IF YOUD LIKE TO COME AND SHOW PM ME YOUR ADRESS OR ANY QUESTIONS !!!!
NORTH LOUISIANA POULTRY CLUB
Presents the 27th Annual
Pelican State Classic
Haynesville, Louisiana - Nov. 15, 2014

Awww I am so sorry about your pretty hen! Stupid coon reached in an piece by piece pulled out one of my prize Dominiques.... so ma myself right now.

LINDA, so glad you hooked up with BigJOHN... he and his wife Cathy are a hoot! But reall good stock and very clean run chicken farm. I liked their set up very much.

His rooster to me reminded me of a darn Jersey Giant!!!

Hey, are ya'll interested in maybe starting a Swap being started up here????? I am seriously considering it....

Back
Top Bottom