"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

I completely understand the deep love for all your animals Alike
What is a fluffy butt?? You mentioned that you would get one. Never heard of that... cute
wink.png

I think most people refer to chicks as fluffy butts. Any breed. At least I do
jumpy.gif

Terri, I am pretty sure that we ended up with a hen and a cockerel that are from the eggs that my husband got from his co worker. (RIR) They are nice and dark, but I don't really have personal experience with them. So we will be interested in seeing how yours grow up. We will only be keeping hens, so might only end up with one for her to take to the fair. But we really don't know much about the guys flock that they came from. Just that his sister (the lady we got the eggs from) says they are really big. Since yours are from nice flocks it will be nice to compare this hen to yours just to have an idea of how nice of a bird she is. The hen is already larger than the one we think is the cockerel.

I'll keep you posted! I hatched them mainly for "eye candy" as well as that they are good dual purpose birds - plan on eating the extra roos & adding the hens to the main flock, since all but 2 of mine are getting pretty old now. I just always loved the looks of the big, dark mahogany RIRs.

Well Annabelle took a turn for the worse over the course of the night and we lost her a short bit ago. It was all very sudden and unexpected. She was a good bird. I really hope those eggs of hers are fertile and I can get them to hatch. It would be a small blessing if I could at least have some chicks from her.

I'll keep you posted! I hatched them mainly for "eye candy" as well as that they are good dual purpose birds - plan on eating the extra roos & adding the hens to the main flock, since all but 2 of mine are getting pretty old now. I just always loved the looks of the big, dark mahogany RIRs.

Are you keeping any of the RIR roosters?

Well Annabelle took a turn for the worse over the course of the night and we lost her a short bit ago. It was all very sudden and unexpected. She was a good bird. I really hope those eggs of hers are fertile and I can get them to hatch. It would be a small blessing if I could at least have some chicks from her. 

Sorry about your girl. Hope you get some babies from her eggs too!

Are you saying that you are vent sexing these chicks?  Why don't you think that the black chick with yellow on it is a black?  That is how my black chicks started out, but they are blacks.  It just depends on how much of the black genes they have added.  Some come out almost all black from the start.  Some come out black and yellow.

i thought i said the tally is 1 black cochin and 4 bantams. I said black & white to describe him from the others
i have 4 bantams and 1 BLACK cochin. Thanks though hun
Ohh, i feather sex, thx

Last edited:

I am so very sorry.
1f622.png
I can feel your pain, it's do hard. When I lost Selena last night all I could say was I would rather the pain of loss than to not love animals at all. The pain relates to love. You loved well. Hugs.

Back
Top Bottom