"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Wow didn't know some of you lived so close. We live in Vinton. I have a question. We have 40 chicks that have been moved to an enclosed pen outside. They are four weeks old. They look like they are a little warm out there and I would like to put a little tray with water or something out there that way they can cool off. But im worried that it might make them too cold. I have a heat lamp out there for nighttime, but wanted something to cool them off during the day. Any suggestions?

And Pam, sorry for your loss.

Be sure they have shade & can get away from the heat lamp -- they should be starting to feather out by now, and it's starting to warm up, so you can start raising the heat lamp or even leaving it off. I don't know about the tray - if it's very, very shallow but you sure don't want them to drown.

Hi all, semi-new to BYC ... i'm right outside of Lake Charles. Very small flock. Started with 9 ... ended up with 1 roo, 3 hens and 5 gumbos. :) I just finished building my first incubator and have eggs on the way. Transitioning our small flock to all Delawares and will hopefully build up to around 10 hens and a roo. Love the site and have learned a lot!!
welcome to byc and the la thread...glad to have you...feel at home and jump right in....alot of great people on here...
welcome-byc.gif

My homemade fence is infested with some sort of creepy crawly. Legs like a cricket, body like a long thin stink bug, brown and yellow stripes, and flies like a wasp. I have a spray pump that I'm thinking of filling with soapy water and trying that? Honestly, I like good old fashioned highly toxic wasp spray. I don't mess around with stingy things. BUT I'm willing to give a gentler approach a try first.

Hi, all! I had my NPIP recertification today - good for another year. :)

Hi all, semi-new to BYC ... i'm right outside of Lake Charles. Very small flock. Started with 9 ... ended up with 1 roo, 3 hens and 5 gumbos. :) I just finished building my first incubator and have eggs on the way. Transitioning our small flock to all Delawares and will hopefully build up to around 10 hens and a roo. Love the site and have learned a lot!!

Welcome, timbowsr! I am near Baton Rouge with a flock of about 60. :)

Pretty pheasants, birdman!

Morning La-yers! where is everybody? Slow day at work - wishing I were home getting some REAL work accomplished! Need to spray the citrus trees w/copper for the year - they are fixing to bud out. Grumbling about the rain moving in just in time to mess up the weekend! Maybe I'll beg for Monday off....

Running my little chicken head off :p Josh had been gone for work associated with the death of those four Louisiana air guardsman. And as always I'm researching NEW PROJECTS to start. Lol. Like I need more!

And apparently I can't spell this morning. Haha.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom