"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Good morning, all! It is a beautiful day and I am feeling thankful. My dad was quite ill and hospitalized for pneumonia in both lungs (so severe they classified it as lung failure), but he is finally home and on the road to recovery! Today is the annual gathering of my husband's family - about 75 people usually show up to socialize and cook a huge Crawfish Bisque.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!!

I am looking for blue laced red Wyandotte chicks, pullets or hens within a couple hours drive of Baton Rouge.
My husband has been great with helping me with the chickens (Ie. Good husband!) I'm looking to add to my backyard flock and he likes the looks of the laced Wyandotte and it seems their temperament is good so I'm thinking they will be a good fit. I have BCM mixes, Campine, Araucana and Buff Orphington. Each breed has its own coop, run and yard and all but the Campines (too flighty, don't want to loose them) get to free range once or twice a day. I think Wyandottes would fit in nicely.

Please let me know if there are some in the area. Thanks.

I am in WBR and breed BLRWs toward the SOP. I am hatching for myself and have a waiting list for chicks, but I can let you know if I end up with excess on any hatches. How many are you looking for? I will have some black laced and splash laced chicks available sooner (chicks hatch blue, black, & splash from blue to blue matings). I am growing out primarily blues for myself and will sell the others. These are 2 of the birds in my main breeding pen:

Good morning, all! It is a beautiful day and I am feeling thankful. My dad was quite ill and hospitalized for pneumonia in both lungs (so severe they classified it as lung failure), but he is finally home and on the road to recovery! Today is the annual gathering of my husband's family - about 75 people usually show up to socialize and cook a huge Crawfish Bisque.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!!
I am in WBR and breed BLRWs toward the SOP. I am hatching for myself and have a waiting list for chicks, but I can let you know if I end up with excess on any hatches. How many are you looking for? I will have some black laced and splash laced chicks available sooner (chicks hatch blue, black, & splash from blue to blue matings). I am growing out primarily blues for myself and will sell the others. These are 2 of the birds in my main breeding pen:

Beautiful.
Ultimately I would like 1 roo and 4-5 hens so I'll probably have to start with 10 I'm guessing unless you can sex them. Do you have pics of your birds in the other colors?

Glad your Dad is doing well! A friend of mine went through that or similar about 6 mounts ago. Docs were surprised he made it.

Hey all, hope y'all's day is going well. I spent 3 weeks in rehab and depended on SIL Clint to watch over the chicks. He did a respectable job. They are a little neglected. We had to change to dry feed and he kept it in there unlimited. Soooooo today I'm going to make up my big batch of fermented feed. They are a little bedraggled. They'll be back to their glory soon.
I have the home health lady coming at 2 pm to set me up. So glad to be home. Looks like I was missed by family as well as animals.
tongue2.gif

Hey all,  hope y'all's day is going well.   I spent 3 weeks in rehab and depended on SIL Clint to watch over the chicks.   He did a respectable job. They are a little neglected.   We had to change to dry feed and he kept it in there unlimited.   Soooooo today I'm going to make up my big batch of fermented feed.   They are a little bedraggled.  They'll be back to their glory soon.   
I have the home health lady coming at 2 pm to set me up.  So glad to be home.  Looks like I was missed by family as well as animals.   :plbb

Three weeks already?! Where does the time go?!

Three weeks already?! Where does the time go?!

In fact, it zipped by for my in the rehab also. Now to get back to planning all the stuff I need to do. They aren't letting me go outside by myself yet so I'm having to gauge who is available for me. Clint if so incredibly sick of the chickens. He has so much other stuff to do and he's really really ready for me to take back over. Soon boy!!!!!
lau.gif
(he's 46).

I'm still waiting for eggs from the hens that I actually want eggs from!

I'm trying very hard to be patient.

Hubby is finally home and able to help me. We got 2 more truck loads of compost today. The garden is looking better and better. I have some seedlings ready to go in and he adjusted some beds today. The hard job is going to be digging the remaining breeds of asparagus. We will use a few crowns in the new beds (about 1 ¹/² of the way finished last year). We are sharing again extra crowns with his parents and friends. I cut a nice size cabbage. Very tasty. So much to be done. The barn breeds cleaned. Newest chicken salad bar gardens need seeded. On and on. But the good news of today is that the garden is looking more civilized and tomorrow is a new day. Hopefully we can move after shoveling all that compost. Lol!

Back
Top Bottom