"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Hey, that's great! I was just thinking about your eggs and asking about them. Mine hatched in about four different shades, from blonde to almost a chocolate. I wish I had taken some up-close pics of them. I only kept two, one because I felt like it was too puny to sell, and one because I had it marked as a mix chick (pretty sure it's not).

Can't wait to see yours!

Hello from New Iberia, I'm new to BYC - my wife does most of the chicken stuff but I'm starting to gather more ideas for coops and such, & also look for more birds also.
welcome-byc.gif
Great to have you. Lots of threads on coops and such. Look around. Then let us know what you come up with. Tell your wife to check in also.

Last edited:
I'm in south la, breaux bridge/lafayette area. I'm looking for some started barred rocks or meat birds. Would love chicks but just don't have the time for to take care of them right now. If anyone knows of any locally, please let me know. Thanks!!

Well my girls are slowly giving us more eggs :weee
Very glad for that! So glad in fact I made a chocolate cake with peanut butter and chocolate frosting. Yum!

And spring growing and gardening is in full swing!

Last edited:
I got my x w line barred rock eggs. They came packed great. In fact I will copy his packing when I ship eggs in the future. All in great shape nothing broken. I ordered 2 doz I was sent 30. So now I need to find someone with room in their baton for 6 eggs. I bought a new powerful flash light an candeling was no problem I will start tonight or in the morning. I'm excited. Pam

I'm in south la, breaux bridge/lafayette area. I'm looking for some started barred rocks or meat birds. Would love chicks but just don't have the time for to take care of them right now. If anyone knows of any locally, please let me know. Thanks!!

:welcome I will have a good line of barred rocks but I dought you want to wait that long. Welcome to the La-yers.
1f423.png
1f413.png
tell us about your flock. Pam

I got my x w line barred rock eggs. They came packed great. In fact I will copy his packing when I ship eggs in the future. All in great shape nothing broken. I ordered 2 doz I was sent 30. So now I need to find someone with room in their baton for 6 eggs. I bought a new powerful flash light an candeling was no problem I will start tonight or in the morning. I'm excited. Pam
Pam, I'm so excited for you. Kudos!!! I'm still wanting the CCL's and later whenever the Lt Sussex. I'll be in touch.
wee.gif

How did he ship?

Last edited:
I've got an SS roo I need to rehome. He'll be 4 weeks old on Sunday. $8. Just letting y'all know first.
smile.png

I'm also clearing out my EE and OE chicks. I'm going to let the staff each pick a chick on Saturday, including the polish and cochins, and then I'll sell the rest.

AND I'm going to sell five of my layers. I need to get serious about my projects, and I have limited space. Getting fewer eggs will also be helpful during the summer. I'm putting my camp egg plans on hold for this year, and focusing in the garden we haven't started yet.
hmm.png
That's probably a very wise decision. That way you won't over extend yourselves. Plenty of time to get the garden going.

Back
Top Bottom