"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

No matter how many times I read about the deep litter method I always find it interesting and fascinating. This is probably the best article on the subject I've read. It doesn't touch on using Diatomaceous Earth as I know some of you've mentioned you do. Supposedly it kills not only the bad bacteria and microbes but the good ones also. I'm sure all on this thread are familiar with Deep Litter Method (DLM) but here's the link anyway.
smile.png
http://www.plamondon.com/faq_deep_litter.html

Do y'all believe in praying for animals? I don't, usually. I don't know why. BUT if y'all do, then please send some to us.

Our old lab, sometime around 2011.

A found dog at the shelter in Crowley:

Our old boy has been missing since May 2013. We've gone through so many leads, and so many dead ends. My husband is beside himself right now.

Do y'all believe in praying for animals? I don't, usually. I don't know why. BUT if y'all do, then please send some to us.

Our old lab, sometime around 2011.

A found dog at the shelter in Crowley:

Our old boy has been missing since May 2013. We've gone through so many leads, and so many dead ends. My husband is beside himself right now.

Camping we are animals too. We are all gods creations. I do not belive that I am more important than any other creature on earth.I pray your husbans faithful and loyal compaion finds his way home. Spell dog backwards you may change your mind about praying for all gods creatures.I pray this is your dog and he reunites with his family and gets the love and care he deserves.Losing a dog or pet to some (me) is losing a family member. :hugs Pam

Camping we are animals too. We are all gods creations. I do not belive that I am more important than any other creature on earth.I pray your husbans faithful and loyal compaion finds his way home. Spell dog backwards you may change your mind about praying for all gods creatures.I pray this is your dog and he reunites with his family and gets the love and care he deserves.Losing a dog or pet to some (me) is losing a family member. :hugs Pam

Thanks, Pam. :hugs
I guess when I think about all the babies in the NICU, or kids without food to eat, or mamas and daddys with cancer, or grandparents fighting dementia, and all the others in the world, it just feels insignificant and selfish to waste thoughts on a dog. He was hardly gone a month when we got a new puppy, mostly because we couldn't face the thought of a summer without a big camp dog. But my daughter still tells me how much she misses him. He's 10 by now.

Anyway, I'm getting ready to drive to Crowley, because I'm hoping for the best. We don't know if the one pictures is even male.

i got to see a pheasant lay an egg today and thought i would share
far left bird...tail starts to raise

then her feathers droop down

then her bottom belly starts to bulge outward

then she lays the egg....so cool....i learned alot today...

up to 45 eggs now with the pheasants...sweet....a batch are going to the incubator tomorrow....getting so egggsited

Back
Top Bottom