"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Cody "fly fart"
smile.png
Thanks I need that snorting kinda laugh lol! Linda you are awesome, and good for taking pain management seriously! And I agree about white rocks they are nice foragers fleshing out faster than all my Wyandotte and black australorps. All the while they coo like doves to me
smile.png
But even my fierce GW back up a bit. Sadly not quite as impressed with my barred and dark Cornish but like Cody hope with time they do more I'd time will tell... hi to new to by and welcome. I've got 125 birds right now so I've not up dated much but let's see We have 5 guinea 3 females searching every where for random eggs but the new tote nest placed in a weedy area has gained interest by the guineas and our 3 runner duck females. 18 laying chickens, 1 crazy goose, way to many kittes. 2 dogs. A daughter getting married then leaving with her loving Navy man, another in a custody battle ... All I can say is I love reading everything about everyone and glad for BYC!
LOL. If you could hear a fly fart you'd be scared to. I guess the Bieles hear them.
lol.png

It was the Bieles I'm disappointed with. Your not happy with your Barred Rocks or is it Barred Cornish?

Hi Cody I'm not unhappy with my barred rocks or dark Cornish just not impressed. Especially compared to the White rocks
smile.png
MamaKitty, i have some white rock chicks, 2 pullets and a roo, i am impressed with how friendly the 2 pullets are, when i open the door, one is ready to jump in my hand and the other is waiting her turn, the roo is not as friendly but i can hold him too, i am going in several directions to decide on the top 5 picks for breeding programs and will put the rest in my layer flock.

TopDog I don't have a rooster yet as my breeding program is kind of in limbo, lol! But these girls sure have impressed me. Cody yes I did get the Cornish for a "meat project" but I'm kind of leaning towards those Cornish X since they do mature so quick at least until the others get mature, lol! Ahh Lemon you had to ask :) We have come to Chicken Math Ummm... only 8 of my birds are hens, 2 Cocks and so I have only 10 chickens...
thumbsup.gif
We have about 18 pulletts, and the rest are under 4 months old. I just started selling some to local families and farmers who by word of mouth show up asking for this or that... lol! Anyway I sold 5 started various breed pullets then the man came back and paid me $100.00 for 5 Cuckoo Maran pullets, so I've begun hatching (with terrible results my first time 1/15, upgraded incubator and we have a 4/20 hatch date I hope of some 32 more). We have 15 Cornish X this time harvesting these in the next few weeks as they are on week 7, I guess pictures are worth a 1000 words so I will try to put some up here in the next few days. Hey Linda B hope all is well and you could maybe learn how to put your pictures in since you started the White Rock conversation :)

TopDog I don't have a rooster yet as my breeding program is kind of in limbo, lol! But these girls sure have impressed me. Cody yes I did get the Cornish for a "meat project" but I'm kind of leaning towards those Cornish X since they do mature so quick at least until the others get mature, lol! Ahh Lemon you had to ask :) We have come to Chicken Math Ummm... only 8 of my birds are hens, 2 Cocks and so I have only 10 chickens... :thumbsup  We have about 18 pulletts, and the rest are under 4 months old. I just started selling some to local families and farmers who by word of mouth show up asking for this or that... lol! Anyway  I sold 5 started various breed pullets then the man came back and paid me $100.00 for 5 Cuckoo Maran pullets, so I've begun hatching (with terrible results my first time 1/15, upgraded incubator and we have a 4/20 hatch date I hope of some 32 more). We have 15 Cornish X this time harvesting these in the next few weeks as they are on week 7, I guess pictures are worth a 1000 words so I will try to put some up here in the next few days. Hey Linda B hope all is well and you could maybe learn how to put your pictures in since you started the White Rock conversation :)

Well that sounds like lots of fun to me :)

There is a Poultry swap in Pineville, at Keeps Park on 28E this coming Saturday the 18th. 7 am - until. The directions say you can bring caged birds and rabbits. No SICK birds. Set cages on grass. No dogs, cats, etc. More info is posted in some of the poultry fb pages.

LOL. If you could hear a fly fart you'd be scared to. I guess the Bieles hear them.
lol.png

It was the Bieles I'm disappointed with. Your not happy with your Barred Rocks or is it Barred Cornish?

What is it about the Bieles you don't like? Just wondering - I had considered raising them for a while, but I'm so happy with my Rhode Island Reds I'm sticking with them & also crossing my RIR roo on my Cuckoo Marans & Welsummers.

Back
Top Bottom